No announcement yet.

F-117A retiring. A world mourns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had real aircraft carriers with real aircraft, you'd see why the Harrier isn't that great.

The only thing exceptional about it is it can take off vertically.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• And if you don't have any real carriers, a VTOL is just the ticket.

The damn thing won a war - can't argue with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cort Haus
        And if you don't have any real carriers, a VTOL is just the ticket.

The damn thing won a war - can't argue with that.
        Yes, you can.

All it did was launch American missiles at long range. They still lost 3 to ground fire and another 3 due to "operational errors" (mostly due to the design of the aircraft).

They still couldn't stop the incoming Hercules airplanes either.

They were simply a generic airplane that happened to take off vertically because the British Navy is pathetic enough to not have real carriers. You could have won that war with Spitfires, provided the Americans gave them Sidewinders as well.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I'm not saying it was a great plane. In fact a number of people at the MoD thought it was complete crap and would fail in the Falklands, so it probably exceeded expectations.

I didn't realise that Spitfires had VTOL, though. Thanks for teh info.

Comment

• Use the money saved on the Spitfires for a real carrier, and you got yourself a winner.

Comment

• Spitfire.

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin
                Spitfire.

Favorite plane of WW2.

Comment

Working...
                X