No announcement yet.

JOhn Kerry Doing his level Best to Energize the base

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep, the Repugs are hoping for a Hillary run.

It's nice to see Obama running into a few possible ethics issues. The golden child is not perfect.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• McCain for President with a Dem congress works for me.

I think it would be fun to see a Hillary-Obama ticket in '08, but I'm just a political sadist at heart.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
        It's nice to see Obama running into a few possible ethics issues. The golden child is not perfect.
        Having those exposed this early is good, though, because either Obama gets through them and works out the necessary spin, or he gets short-circuited before he becomes an albatross.

Given Bush's pre-election "accomplishments," it shouldn't be too hard for Obama to pass muster.

McCain's dilemma is that the more he panders to the religious right nut-bags, the more he loses cross-over voters. He can't have both, so he's got to figure that out and take a solid stand. After McCain, who else have the Repug-uglies got to run?
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

Probably.

I hope they don't make the same mistake as last time out. They need to nominate an electable candidate for a change.

All the talk I hear is Hillary. Yikes.
          I dont know anyone who runs betterin the polls than Hillary, and she beats any repub except McCain or Giuliani.
          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by lord of the mark

I dont know anyone who runs betterin the polls than Hillary, and she beats any repub except McCain or Giuliani.
            I have to imagine her national negatives are pretty high.
            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
              Yep, the Repugs are hoping for a Hillary run.
              yeah, but their track record as political geniuses aint looking too good, now is it?
              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by Wezil

I have to imagine her national negatives are pretty high.
                She dont need to win 60% of the vote. No ones going to win that anyway. She needs a solid 51% of the vote, spread well electorally. Who cares if 40% of the electorate hates her with passion, while they dont hate Clark, or Gore, or whomever. Those 40% are going to vote GOP anyway. The question is who can hold the base, and reach ENOUGH of the center to win. Im unpersuaded that A. She cant or B. Anyone else can.

Comment

• Actually I think the repugs will be looking for a fresher face in 2008. Someone that won't be associatied with the current administration. They can't be too fresh but distancing themselves from Bush will probably be critical if yesterday was any indication.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• What's the most awesome thing about this "scandal" our self-described independents have been bumping like there's no tomorrow is that Kerry was himself the sort of person he was supposedly seriously calling stupid. Great logic there, spinmeißters. The guy isn't even up for an election and you're trying to raise his mumbling gaffe into the main theme of an election.

Actually I think the repugs will be looking for a fresher face in 2008. Someone that won't be associatied with the current administration. They can't be too fresh but distancing themselves from Bush will probably be critical if yesterday was any indication.
                    I think the best way for Kerry to help the Democratic party in 2008 is to lose his Senate primary. He's exactly the kind of politician a Senator was not supposed to be when the concept of a Senator was invented back in the early days of Roman Republic: votes according to what the opinion polls say will net you votes during the next election as opposed to looking for greater long-term national interest.
                    Last edited by RGBVideo; November 8, 2006, 13:34.

Comment

• Kerry was himself the sort of person he was supposedly seriously calling insulting. Great logic there, spinmeisters.

Of course. John Kerry, as a veteran, would never criticize or insult his fellow veterans...

They told the stories at times they had personally raped, cut off ears, cut off heads, taped wires from portable telephones to human genitals and turned up the power, cut off limbs, blown up bodies, randomly shot at civilians, razed villages in fashion reminiscent of Genghis Khan, shot cattle and dogs for fun, poisoned food stocks, and generally ravaged the countryside of South Vietnam... - John Kerry
                      KH FOR OWNER!
                      ASHER FOR CEO!!
                      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Uh, Drake -- how is retelling accounts of atrocities that actually happened the same as throwing out insults?

And as for those Republicans who were drooling over the propspect of Kerry's gaffe dooming all Democratic elections this year, turns out this fairytale wish of Republicans did not become entirely true.
                        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• For those who are nonrepublicans tho' it was great as it means Kerry is forever doomed on the national level. Woot! Woot!
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Yeah -- I voted for Kerry in 2004, but I do hope the Democratic party finds a better, viable candidate.

Comment

• Uh, Drake -- how is retelling accounts of atrocities that actually happened the same as throwing out insults?

There's no proof that they actually ever happened. Don't you think using tales of dubious authenticity to smear the efforts of every US soldier who served in Vietnam is a bit insulting?
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                                Uh, Drake -- how is retelling accounts of atrocities that actually happened the same as throwing out insults?

There's no proof that they actually ever happened. Don't you think using tales of dubious authenticity to smear the efforts of every US soldier who served in Vietnam is a bit insulting?

What kind of malicious motivation could Kerry have had in deliberately, and knowingly lying about his comrades?

And have you ever considered that the quote you provided was referring to SOME soldiers who actually did commit atrocities or bragged about such atrocities?

Comment

Working...
                                X