Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ... that's very interesting. Try hovering your mouse to the left of the blue flag(s). It should be there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• My guess is he's got some kind of content-blocker that's flagging the + image as an ad.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• To reiterate my position:

--This is, ultimately, a very silly debate.

--While this tactic may be seen as "cheap", it is within the rules, and moreover with more people involved in the league this year it is going to be much less effective. Given that NYE currently occupies the bottom half of the league, I see no reason to stop him from doing what has gotten him there.

--And, finally, if this league is just "for ****s and giggles," why the hell do you keeping stirring this pot?
        "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
        "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• I see no reason to stop him from doing what has gotten him there.

What's gotten him there was a poor draft. Poor hockey sense, and he's trying to compensate by overwhelming with games played.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• ...and it hasn't been working. So why should I, or you, or Ming(!) care?

Comment

• Updating adblocker fixed it. Thanks.

As for the raging debate:

1) The tactic is cheap. No doubt about it. If we play next season I would be in favour of a gentleman's agreement against it

2) I am not in favour of changing the rules mid-season. Rules should be set ahead of time and then lived by

3) The benefit is marginal. Getting a few extra games from marginal players (who are therefore FAs) is not the end of the world
              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
              Stadtluft Macht Frei
              Killing it is the new killing it
              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Actually, once again, I was trying to compensate for an injured goalie. That's what started the activity.

That being said:
                I see no reason to stop him from doing what has gotten him there.

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• You forgot the "QFT"

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither
                    Actually, once again, I was trying to compensate for an injured goalie. That's what started the activity.
                    It's funny that you kept doing this for days (including last night) if that was the true reason.

We know why you're doing it, and it seems most people aren't fond of the tactic but don't see it as a big deal, nor do they want to change the rules mid-season.

So it looks like you're free to keep doing it. Just know that to most people it seems like a cheap desperation tactic, and if you win a close battle as a result, I hope that victory feels as cheap as it is.

So let's move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                      So let's move on.
                      Second.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

So let's move on.
                        QFT
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Anyone want to talk about hockey?

Lets see

Toronto -- looked awful against Ottawa TWICE and salvaged a shootout win against Montreal in a game where Montreal was incredibly flat for much of the game but came back. 47 GA puts Toronto about 14th in the Eastern Conference on GAA and I don't think that level of defensive performance gets you a playoff spot regardless of how good your offence is. Should be a wild ride!!

Montreal ---- Goaltending has been inconsistent (brilliant on occasions) but the team has generally looked solid except for that flat Toronto game.They have had good comebacks in a couple of games and overall look like a decent team that should likely make the playoffs as a 5th-8th seed.

Ottawa --- This team is better than their 5-5 record would indicate but there is a disturbing trend in that 4 of their 5 losses are by one goal while their wins were by 1, 3, 4, 5 and 7 goals. Running it up highlights their skills but winning the tough ones is to me a sign of a team that can contend for the cup. I do predict a high finish but have doubts about this team for the playoff run

Edmonton-- Looking very good. They have won some close ones and had looked strong until back-to-back losses to the Coyotes and Ducks ( The Ducks are strong but the Coyotes ??). Rebounding to shut out the Coyotes was impressive. Definitely a playoff team

Vancouver-- This team seems like it might be just fine. Luongo alone might be the spark this team needs and they have looked impressive in spurts.

Calgary-- Oh Calgary, Calgary, Calgary-- frankly they have disappointed to date. I have read and seen all the stats that said they were in the same position as last season and then turned it around but thats small comfort. Kipper has been excellent the last two games but against Nashville, his efforts merely prevented Calgary being embarrassed "salvaging"a 3-2 loss. An injury to Yelle removes their grittiest defensive forward and the vaunted D has not yet dominated a game. Word is that some help from the farm might be forthcoming as the Flames top farm team has reeled off 8 wins in a row and Boyd and Taratukin are the two names most frequently mentioned. I continued to believe that Calgary has enough talent to turn things around and snag a playoff spot but they have to really show something to prove they are a top tier team. AS it stands, the Flames have too many guys that show flashes of brilliance but far too few goals and assists.
                          You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Edmonton-- Looking very good. They have won some close ones and had looked strong until back-to-back losses to the Coyotes and Ducks ( The Ducks are strong but the Coyotes ??). Rebounding to shut out the Coyotes was impressive. Definitely a playoff team

The embarrasing loss to the Yotes was perhaps the best thing to happen to the Oilers at that point of the season. They had a good record based largely on goaltending and a couple of explosive games of offense. I doubt they played good hockey for more than half the minutes in the games up to the Ducks.

After the loss to the Yotes I would imagine the players were more willing to listen to the coaching and play a harder, better defensive style. Hense the Capitals result, which was still a much closer game than the 4-0 score line might indicate.

Losing Moreau (before the Ducks) didn't help either.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber
                              Montreal ---- Goaltending has been inconsistent (brilliant on occasions) but the team has generally looked solid except for that flat Toronto game.They have had good comebacks in a couple of games and overall look like a decent team that should likely make the playoffs as a 5th-8th seed.
                              Given that we're in the same conference as Buffalo this prediction is almost a lock...
                              12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Killing it is the new killing it
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Toronto -- looked awful against Ottawa TWICE and salvaged a shootout win against Montreal in a game where Montreal was incredibly flat for much of the game but came back. 47 GA puts Toronto about 14th in the Eastern Conference on GAA and I don't think that level of defensive performance gets you a playoff spot regardless of how good your offence is. Should be a wild ride!!

All that money spent on their defense was clearly well spent.

Here's hoping Phaneuf can play tonight. He wasn't playing during the Nashville game, and it hurt.

Comment

Working...
                                X