This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tingkai

You're making yourself look like an idiot.

Regardless of whether you acknowledge or ignore the games played, the Leafs were in fourth place.

Just as the Canadiens are now in fourth place. Yes, the the Habs have played two more games than Pittsburgh, but right now the Canadiens are in fourth, period, not fourth with an asterisk.
    The Canadiens are in fourth place. The Penguins are 3 points back with 2 games in hand. Hate to tell you this, but that's different than being 2 points ahead of the Habs with the Habs having three games in hand.

You're the idiot if you think that Toronto's record right now is anything to brag about.

They were technically in 4th place because they'd played more games than anybody else. In reality they were (and are) the team with the 6th best record in the East.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Originally posted by Tingkai

Winning percentages? Interesting concept, but who keeps track of that?
      Maybe nobody but lets put it this way-- If my team had played 3 or 4 or 5 more games than another team, I wouldn't really consider them to be 'ahead" of teams that were 1 or 2 points behind. Surely you can acknowledge the idea .

lets put it another way-- are you happier with a 4-1 team or a 5-5 team-- The 5-5 team is AHEAD in the standings after all
      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Oh and Calgary has major problems. they are performing far worse than expectations.

The Leafs? they seem to be wildly inconsistent and bad defensively. Maybe a run and gun team can be a winner in this league but frankly I think you need to be at least middle-of-the-road defensively if you expect much success
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• I got myself a new jersey today. It's spiffy.

If it wasn't $75US extra to get a name on it, I'd have gotten "Pronger" on it.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• NEW YORK (Nov. 1, 2006)- NHL Interactive Cyber Enterprises (ICE), the digital arm of the National Hockey League (NHL), today announced a multi-year deal to provide NHL video content to Google Video. The NHL will provide in-season full-length games on delay to Google Video at http://video.google.com/nhl.html. Google also will receive select NHL classic games.
            In addition to the game content, the NHL also will work with Google to allow certain NHL themed user-generated content on http://video.google.com/nhl.html. This is the first time Google Video has worked with a major professional sports league in such a manner.
            To celebrate its 89th season and this increased access to video content, the NHL will be offering its content for free – without ads – for the first two weeks of November.
            “When web users are searching for diverse video content, Google Video is the first place they go, just as NHL.com is the first place hockey fans go when they want NHL video,” said Keith Ritter, President of NHL ICE. “The combination of our content and Google’s massive reach is a terrific pairing, and we’re excited to add fan-generated content to the mix.”
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• Colin Campbell was offered the Flyers GM job.

He said no.
              Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• HE wants to be a Leaf GM when JFJ gets fired.

Comment

• The presence of four Los Angeles Kings scouts at last night’s Habs-Senators game (when neither of those teams play the Kings this season) has got speculation going of an impending deal between the Senators and the Kings.
                  Tony Marinaro, who covers the Habs for the Team 990 in Montreal, said on his station this morning he had it “confirmed” the Kings scouts were there to look at Senators captain Daniel Alfredsson.

Comment

• Wow

I've read that alot of western teams are looking at Sheldon Souray, too. There were rumours all summer of him going to LA to be closer to his kids.

Also, it's never out of the question that the Habs trade away a goalie, since both have looked spectacular.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• I would be shocked if LA wanted Alfredsson out of Ottawa. That's not a knock on Alfredsson--if anything, he gets too much flak--but it just wouldn't make sense for a team that is rebuilding to pick up a guy at that stage of his career.

I have read rumours that Visnovsky and Conroy are on their way out of LA, however. I'd love to see the former quarterbarcking the Oilers' PP.

Oh, and I just thought of this: maybe the LA scouts were investigating who on Ottawa they might like as a return if they ship Conroy over. I could see the Sens wanting him, as they were in the market for a second line center earlier. Still, I think LA will be more interested in youth (Volchenkov, Meszaros, Vermette on the Sens) than someone like Alfie.
                      "I wrote a song about dental floss but did anyone's teeth get cleaner?" -Frank Zappa
                      "A thing moderately good is not so good as it ought to be. Moderation in temper is always a virtue, but moderation in principle is always a vice."- Thomas Paine
                      "I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours." -Bob Dylan

Comment

• Maybe he'll start scoring if he moves to LA.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• Muckler's saying Alfredsson's staying put.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• The start Alfredsson has now is the kind he should have had last year too. Freakish lucky last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ninot

Also, it's never out of the question that the Habs trade away a goalie, since both have looked spectacular.
                              I consider neither of the Habs goalies to be an established long-term number one although I have high hopes that either could be. So unless the Habs have a great goalie in the minors, I kinda like the idea of keeping them both

RK Player Team GP W L OT SO SA GA GAA Sv Sv% G A PIM TOI
                              1 DAVID AEBISCHER MTL 6 4 1 1 0 211 16 2.60 195 .924 0 0 2 369:00
                              2 CRISTOBAL HUET MTL 5 2 1 2 0 149 15 2.92 134 .899 0 0 0 307:32

Comment

• These 1-goal games are driving me NUTS.

Part of me wants the team to get blown out so we see wholesale changes.

Comment

Working...
                                X