Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new do you have someone on ignore thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, VJ contributed with a definition that could be used, though it seemed to some kind of biased
    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Is it OK to mention people who aren't on your Ignore list? Perhaps we're not supposed to talk about posters at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackCat
        can't belive I fell for it in a thread about ignore.

Comment

Out of curiosity, BlackCat, what did you say, or what political beliefs do you hold, that would make two of the posters in this thread have you on their ignore list?
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else's choice in using Ignore, but let me give you an example of why mine is as it is.

Let's say someone always started "Me" threads, and primarily that was about all. The only other subject being about how Bebro is a Nazi, as are all Germans.
            The poster did this because he knew a thread such as that would bring attention to himself, other than saying "Hey, look at me".
            Doesn't matter that the person has never been to Germany. The intent is merely to fan flames and draw attention.

Dis, to me, that's not contributing.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I can't speak for anyone else's choice in using Ignore, but let me give you an example of why mine is as it is.

Let's say someone always started "Me" threads, and primarily that was about all. The only other subject being about how Bebro is a Nazi, as are all Germans.
              The poster did this because he knew a thread such as that would bring attention to himself, other than saying "Hey, look at me".
              Doesn't matter that the person has never been to Germany. The intent is merely to fan flames and draw attention.

Dis, to me, that's not contributing.
              fair enough. Though I don't know who you are talking about. I must have missed that. I suppose if I thought about it, I might be able to figure it out.

Personally, I would only do it if they were vulgar in every post. But those posters don't last long here anyways.

As for Blackcat, I can't think of anything he might have posted to be on someone's ignore list. No offense BC, but you just don't stand out as an obnoxious bastard. You'll have to try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                Out of curiosity, BlackCat, what did you say, or what political beliefs do you hold, that would make two of the posters in this thread have you on their ignore list?
                To be true I actually don't have a clue why KH has me on his list - I've been there for pretty long. Though, I'm not surprised since it seems pretty easy to get on that list

VJ, well, I guess that http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=4 posting 119 triggered it, but that isn't our first encounter, there has been a couple before where VJ ended up with a very hurting a$.

Edit : I have found one of my earlier encounters with VJ and it is actually a bit hilarious

post #120
                Last edited by BlackCat; October 14, 2006, 17:24.
                With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  As for Blackcat, I can't think of anything he might have posted to be on someone's ignore list. No offense BC, but you just don't stand out as an obnoxious bastard. You'll have to try harder.
                  Here I do my best and get dizzed like this - Dis you are evil

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by BeBro
                    I also think we should get a feature I call MAI - mutually assured ignorance. If someone puts you on ignore, he should be auto-ignored by you as well. That will teach those ignorants!
                    and will show us, who's ignoring us.

Damn You all, You should've posted in my AC ignore thread, and it wouldn't be closed.

My only ignore is thorn, but strictly theorethically, I read his posts sometimes. If I was to put someone else on it, it'd be molly bloom.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Anti-frogite?
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

That must be it - the Molly is occationally pretty acidious but usually also pretty itelligent.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Originally posted by Heresson
                          Damn You all, You should've posted in my AC ignore thread, and it wouldn't be closed.
                          I would have, but I'm scared of getting another PCR
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Now that's the spirit Shiva .
                            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thorn got me mad by his completely disgraceful and not funny mocks of religion. He was not the only one to do such things, but the most disgusting
                              Molly is biased, arrogant, pretensional, unable of discussion or admitting being wrong. He likes Genesis, though
                              My Ignore thread is closed already
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

I admit that there are people here that are hardcore belivers of supersticion here at poly, but I really don't think that is a sensible reason to "ignore" - quite contrary - I consider it as a public servide to defend society against such.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                                X