Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nBSG Season opening roundup(Spoilers, Damnit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nBSG Season opening roundup(Spoilers, Damnit)

What are the betting odds that Zarek takes a bullet for Rosalyn?
    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

What a freaking (fraking? ) awesome episode .

And how relevant. It had 'detention centers', provisional police forces who were seen to be collaborating, suicide bombers, an escalating insurgency, torture, and on and on.

I can see Zarek taking a bullet for Rosalyn, but Zarek is such a great character. It was great to see that he was in detention for 4 months because he stuck to his principles and told Balter to **** off about collaborating with the Cylons.

It was also a good scene to see Baltar struggle with the decision to sign the death warrants. Ultimately, he, of course, succumbs to save himself, but I think he does something heroic before he finally falls.
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Indeed, this episode seemed to have several commentaries that are sure to annoy some on this board
      How fortunate that Drake decided not to watch

I thought it was a wonderful episode
      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yeah, I think they know they will get some flak from some people, especially portraying suicide bombing and terrorism in a kinder light.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Re: nBSG Season opening roundup(Spoilers, Damnit)

Originally posted by Lonestar
          What are the betting odds that Zarek takes a bullet for Rosalyn?
          I can see several possibilities:

1) Zarek takes a bullet for her (I'd hate to see him go)
          2) she's a Cylon
          3) "Hero of the Cylon" Boomer intervened somehow (e.g., replaced ammo with blanks)
          4) the show jumps the shark with a "Bobby in the shower" moment and the whole thing turns out to be a dream

I just hope it's not 4).
          "People sit in chairs!" - Bobby Baccalieri

Comment

5) The Cylons do the summary executions too close to where "Galactica Boomer" and the insurgents ran from and when they see a bunch of Cylon executioners about to open fire, they decide to take 'em out.

That'd be too coincidental though.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              5) The Cylons do the summary executions too close to where "Galactica Boomer" and the insurgents ran from and when they see a bunch of Cylon executioners about to open fire, they decide to take 'em out.

That'd be too coincidental though.
              Wouldn't it also be just a second too late? Given that the Cylons opened fire on the crowd, it isn't as if the bullets would magically stop mid-air.

Unless, of course, this is the Matrix.

Comment

Who says the Cylons opened fire on the crowd? I didn't see any bullets from their guns.

Comment

Wasn't GalacticaBoomer distracted a bit by the other Cylons who were firing right at the end? Given that they already had an enemy to fight, I don't think they will be coming to save the other crowd any time soon.

But they did open their guns, point them, and then it cuts out It would be a bit of a stretch to say they were all destroyed just before.

Comment

Well they opened their guns, point them, but perhaps they needed the "FIRE" order?

The beauty of (5) and why it is TOO coincidental is that Galactica Boomer bursts into the mass execution scene and the machine gun fire may be the toasters that are juuust behind them, distracting execution toasters and giving the prisoners a chance.

Because if the toasters opened fire:

Spoiler:
                    Roslin is dead (unless a miracle happens and she lies in the middle of dead humans making the Cylons think she's dead... but the Cylons aren't that dumb)... and we know from the previews that Roslin ain't dead

Comment

Obviously, the Cylons should have gone with the 3 state solution, or rather, the 12 state solution, as the case may be.
                      Last edited by Whoha; October 7, 2006, 00:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                        Yeah, I think they know they will get some flak from some people, especially portraying suicide bombing and terrorism in a kinder light.
                        they didn't portray terrorism in that much of a kinder light, they made the target of that terrorism genocidal, psychotic, evil robots who have the blood of billions on their hands and are routinely involved in human experimentation.

Comment

Yeah, but plenty of innocent humans died as a result. A bunch of police recruits and I think it was 4 humans in the factory. Also Col. Tighe wanted to blow up the market (and didn't care about innocent lives lost in any suicide attack he ordered to be carried out).

Comment

*Tigh
                            B♭3

Comment

Why is it assumed that if the Cylons start shooting, then Roslin is dead? She is in the back of an unorganized crowd. All Zarekwould have to do to have a very high chance of saving Roslin is drop to the ground. Again, the people were not lines up, but are like a crowd. If you start shooting to the crowd, you will get some, not other, and this is specially true for folks in the back.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                              X