X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Sun 1:00 Indianapolis Colts -18.5 Tennessee Titans

WOW
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      Hmmm, here's there schedule for the end of October through the end.

Oct 29 San Francisco
      Nov 5 Miami
      Nov 12 @N.Y. Giants
      Nov 19 @N.Y. Jets
      Nov 26 @New England
      Dec 3 Minnesota
      Dec 11 @St. Louis
      Dec 17 Tampa Bay
      Dec 24 @Detroit
      Dec 31 Green Bay

Not exactly a daunting schedule. Not of lot of tough teams if you take out New England.
      this may be worse for the bears, as they won't get any true tests until the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
        I'm tired of all the bears talk. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, but I refuse to. yeah the running game was more impressive, but Seattle isn't as good as they were last year.

They will go far in the playoffs, but I'm certain they won't win the superbowl.
        Bandwagon jumping? No here Dis! Those of us talking trash for da Bears have been doing so for years!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

agreed. been a bears fan since before most of the people here were born. And most of those years the bears sucked so please forgive us for being excited about them. I would be willing to bet that most fans of any 4-0 team are hoping that this is their teams year.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            I would be willing to bet that most fans of any 4-0 team are hoping that this is their teams year.
            Yep... only three teams remain undefeated...

Indianapolis continues to roll, having scored more points than anybody in the league

Baltimore has won on the strength of their defense

And then da Bears, the leader in least points allowed, and third in points scored, only 5 points less than the high powered Indy offense. We are used to being good on defense, but having a real offense is something new to long time Bears Fans!

There is a reason why we are excited this year.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
              agreed. been a bears fan since before most of the people here were born. And most of those years the bears sucked so please forgive us for being excited about them. I would be willing to bet that most fans of any 4-0 team are hoping that this is their teams year.
              I can relate in a totally un-Bears related way. I'm a Redskins fan, and everyone in my family is a Redskin fan, but I didn't really start paying attention to the team (because I'm only twenty) until the nineties, so I missed the first Gibbs era.

The team's been through too many "rebuilding" years. Sigh.

Of course, the Skins are 2-2, not 4-0, but we're, uh, better than our record. Yeah. That's it.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

No, Lorizael, they really are better than their record. The first two weeks they were lost. It seemed that in Week 3, they 'got' Al Saunders' offense and something just clicked in Brunell's head. Portis is back at full strength as well.

When you can put over 30 points on that Jacksonville D, your offense is very high powered.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I do agree with you, but tentatively. Still worried about the secondary, and still worried about consistency. If the Redskins can maintain this level of play throughout the season, then that might just make them unbeatable.

But If Brunell inexplicably forgets how to play again, or the OL accumulates more injuries the way it did last year, or Portis just gets too tired after running fifteen hundred yards, then *shrug* being 0-2 in the conference and 0-1 in the division already doesn't leave a lot of room for mistakes.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Too bad the Deadskins are guaranteed 2 losses.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know! Just like last year...

Comment

da Redskins

Comment

Bears, Colts, Ravens.

Who falls first?
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                            this may be worse for the bears, as they won't get any true tests until the playoffs.
                            Before the season started, there was hype that Miami, the Giants and Tampa Bay would all be good teams... Well, at least we get to test ourselves against New England

As far as who will fall first... Indy is a double digit favorite this week against a bad Tennesse team. The Bears are also big favorites at home against Buffalo.

Now Baltimore has to play in Denver...

You make the call
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Baltimore falls this week @ Denver.
                              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Giants have imploded. Strange.

Comment

Working...
                                X