Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll bet they'll win 2 out of 3 of those.
    (or better )

And I do consider both NY teams patsies
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The Panthers are now 2-2, and they're getting back on track. However, Atlanta looks like they're for real this year, and New Orleans may be contending as well.

Comment

I'm cheering for the Saints this year, because the city needs it.

I hate to admit it, but I cheered for the Yankees in 2002. A once in a lifetime event.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

And it looks like most of the Bengals roster will be playing in The Longest Yard.
          What?

Comment

Sloww, if you watched the game yesterday, you'd think that the refs were pulling for the Saints as well because of the desaster. They got a very generous 4th and 1 "passer interference" call. Still, I wish I could agree with you. I guess I hope they get a wild card position behind the Panthers in their division.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
              Originally posted by Jaguar
              But a hell of a lot of the improvement comes from Rex. Although he's still running backwards like an idiot when pursued by a pass rush, he's still getting impatient and throwing it deep when there's nobody open there, and he's still jumpy under pressure, a lot has clicked. He's put up a good showing against a legitimate defense. Maybe when he gets injured this year, people will actually care.

What game did you watch last night? It must not have been the Bear/Seahawk game.

Yes, he does still backpeddle under a pass rush, but it is avoiding it (mostly. I think they got him once last night)

Getting impatient and jumpy? Not a chance. He did try and force thing a couple of times last week, but not this week. If nothing was there, he didn't get nervous, jumpy or try to make a play. He ate it or threw it away. Rex Brokeman Grossman played with poise and convidence all night long.
              Under a pass rush, you step up into the pocket. If you take an Aaron Brooks-style 15 step drop when your line is blocking for a five step drop, you're going to be worse off than if you stayed in there. That's simple mechanics that get taught to all pocket quarterbacks.

And he is too quick to throw the ball away. You see him throwing it away a lot more against blitzes than a more experienced quarterback would. Carson Palmer takes far more sacks, for example. Not because Cincinnati's line is worse, nor because Palmer is worse, but because he'll step into the pocket and hold on to the ball a little longer under pressure. Sometimes that will allow him to make long completions, sometimes it will lead to sacks, but in the aggregate it's the better choice. A sack generally isn't the end of the world.

I think he's about where Eli Manning has been the past couple of years. Eli isn't a shining example of excellence in fundamentals, but the talent is there. If Rex is indeed an Eli-level quarterback, then the Bears are really scary.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

So when can I get Dallas Clark back in FF Jaguar

Comment

lol talk to snoopy LOL

That was a crazy trade that went down. Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, Keyshawn Johnson and Dallas Clark for Ronnie Brown, Hines Ward, and Jake Delhomme.
                  "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

When Hell freezes over.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                      lol talk to snoopy LOL

That was a crazy trade that went down. Peyton Manning, Frank Gore, Keyshawn Johnson and Dallas Clark for Ronnie Brown, Hines Ward, and Jake Delhomme.
                      So when can I get Dallas Clark back

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        When Hell freezes over.

Comment

I gotta say, the worst part of the NFL doing the big metwork switch for Sunday and Monday nights is:

THE PROMOTIONAL PRE-GAME FROM HELL!!!

Both have multiple theme songs. Both have long pre-game shows. And NEITHER can get to the bleeping kickoff until 7:45.

Q: "Are you ready for some football?"
                          A: **** yeah, so STFU and show me some!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            I like the Bears, don't get me wrong.

Don't bark yet. I wouldn't want you to look dumb. This is not 1985.
                            Win November games, then start growling a little.
                            Through four games this season:

4-0 116 points for and 29 points against.

Through four games in 1985:

4-0 136 points for and 69 points against. Also, the Bears were trailing at half in game one 28-17 and 17-9 in game 3. Game 4 they were down 10-0 and then rattled off 45 unanswered points

So you are right. This is NOT 1985. The offense was better in 1985 and the defense was better this season.

(I have the 1985 Season recap on DVD)
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

1985 and they ruled. None could stand before the charge of the mighty Bears. No question.

They've scored a lot of points and allowed few in return. All I'm saying is yeah, they're looking good; but I think wait until that November stretch RAH scoffs at , and see what shakes out.
                              Hopefully, no injuries and they maintain.
                              Last edited by SlowwHand; October 2, 2006, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                                I gotta say, the worst part of the NFL doing the big metwork switch for Sunday and Monday nights is:

THE PROMOTIONAL PRE-GAME FROM HELL!!!

Both have multiple theme songs. Both have long pre-game shows. And NEITHER can get to the bleeping kickoff until 7:45.

Q: "Are you ready for some football?"
                                A: **** yeah, so STFU and show me some!
                                Excessive pre-game stuff.

However, as a Detroit Red Wings fan in the Eastern time zone having west coast games start at "10:30PM", I have no sympathy for a measly 7:45 kickoff.
                                Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                                Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                                One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Working...
                                X