Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3-week road trips in the NFL are never to be scoffed at.
    Especially late in the season.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
      1985 and they ruled. None cound stand before the charge of the mighty Bears. No question.
      Except for the Dolphins! They preserved that 1972 perfect season.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

' 72 Dolphins vs. '85 Bears would be one of those interesting games.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

My father took fifty cents off a poor little kid who was supporting the home team when he let me take the Pats in the Superbowl.
          "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The 1985 Bears were so absurdly sick in the playoffs that I'm not sure any team can be compared to them until the playoffs are over.

They outscored their opponents 91-10 in the playoffs. That is so ****ing astonishing.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

IIRC the '46' defense was relatively new then. That plus their talented players made them tough on D.
              Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
              Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
              One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Talent first, scheme second. It was spectacular mostly because they had Mike Singletary and Richard Dent and company. It's not like if a team randomly came up with a 3-5 defense, it would be impossible to move the ball against them.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  ' 72 Dolphins vs. '85 Bears would be one of those interesting games.
                  Simulate past or future games in NCAA basketball, NCAA football, NBA, MLB, and NFL. Join a SimLeague for more serious competition!
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

This looks cool, Donegeal. Thanks. I joined it.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

1985 Chicago Bears 30
                      1972 Miami Dolphins 16

1985 Chicago Bears 16
                      1972 Dallas Cowboys 10
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; October 2, 2006, 23:23.

Comment

Really cool site... but I wonder what they use.

It seems they the the 89 San Francisco 49ers and the 85 Chicago Bears are even, with home field usually deciding it, but I wonder what's behind the scores.
                        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Gross Rectum.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

You guys check out that they give a complete breakdown, play by play? Very detailed.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Sun 1:00 Indianapolis Colts -18.5 Tennessee Titans

Comment

I'm tired of all the bears talk. Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon, but I refuse to. yeah the running game was more impressive, but Seattle isn't as good as they were last year.

They will go far in the playoffs, but I'm certain they won't win the superbowl.

Comment

Working...
                                X