X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest NFL Power Rankings

Current Team Previous
    1 Bears · Trends 2
    They're dominating their opponents and they have a baby-butt-soft schedule. We knew the defense would be good, but what about that offense?
    2 Colts · Trends 1
    They're not close to being the team they were last season. Opponents are running on them and the offense isn't clicking. But, hey, they're still 5-0.
    3 Broncos · Trends 4
    Even with the offense struggling, the defense has been so good that they're 3-1. At some point, though, the offense has to get cranked up.
    4 Patriots · Trends 5
    They head to their bye week at 4-1, even though they aren't close to hitting stride. The division race is over, so they have to work out the kinks between now and the postseason.
    5 Eagles · Trends 6
    At 4-1, they have the look of a playoff team. Donovan McNabb and the passing game are clicking. The defense came alive against the Cowboys.
    6 Ravens · Trends 3
    The defense played a heck of a game Monday night, but the offense couldn't get anything going. Steve McNair has to play better.
    7 Seahawks · Trends 7
    Coming off they bye, they go to St. Louis to play the Rams in a key division game, with the winner in first. They can't be any worse than their last game against Chicago.
    8 Bengals · Trends 8
    After getting dominated by the Patriots two Sundays ago, they come off the bye needing to crank up their pass offense and get the defense playing better against the run.
    9 Chargers · Trends 9
    They unleashed Philip Rivers and he showed he can handle it. That could make this team much better in the next 12 games.
    10 Falcons · Trends 11
    Let's hope they found their passing game during the bye week. They can't be so one-dimensional. The defense will get a tough challenge against the Giants this week.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• My beloved Colts aren't anywhere near 2nd-in-the-league quality right now, 5-0 or not.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Who would you rate above them?
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• San Diego, Philadelphia, possibly Seattle.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• San Diego would be a good game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

It does my heart good to see this. After years of Irvin pushing off every play and Deonne doing the queerest celebrations in the history of football, it feels good to hear how the poor widdle cowgirls got screwed by teh refs.

Welcome to the rest of the league.
              Thats not the point if the teams are gonna celebrate no one should be caled for it . I think its a stupid rule first of all. These guys are out there and pumped up if htey do good then they should be allowed some sort of celebration, not have the refs pick and chose. Im not pissy the cowchicks as u call them lost, they beat themselves, just hope that officating is gonna be called evenly
              When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
              "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
              Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

• I saw the 3rd string RB for the Cowboys score a TD a couple of weeks ago. He set the ball on the field and walked to the sideline. If he'd only handed the ball to the ref, he would have displayed perfect class. As it was, he earned my admiration.

Comment

• Barry Sanders

Act like you've been there before.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    I saw the 3rd string RB for the Cowboys score a TD a couple of weeks ago. He set the ball on the field and walked to the sideline. If he'd only handed the ball to the ref, he would have displayed perfect class. As it was, he earned my admiration.
                    I agree with this sentiment entirely, but in the end, you have to remember that they're really just playing a game. If they can't have fun playing the game, what's the point?
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• They're professionals. Act like it.

Comment

They're professionals. Act like it.

That's twice recently that I've agreed with Sloww. Next thing you know I'll be moving to Texas.
                        "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                        "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                        "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

• Yeah, I won't really argue with you. I don't see why players have to do jumping jacks or play the air guitar or whatever it is they do out there. It's all pretty silly and can detract from the game, but I'm just not sure that these are penalty worthy offenses.

It sucks the energy out of scoring a touchdown when a ref calls a penalty because not one, but two players decided to do something silly. Makes it less fun for the fans to watch.
                          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

They're professionals. Act like it.
                            Unfortuantely we expect more from our amatuers, wherein NO TD celebrations are tolerated (not simply over-exuberent TD celebrations).
                            "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

• Hey, they scored a TD, they are happy. Who cares if they jump around? I mean was it really that much of a problem in the 80s? As long as the celebration doesn't take 15 minutes, who gives crap?
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I, for one, do. I like the class it shows when you hand the ball to the referee and walk to the sideline.
                                It's like you expected to do your job, not that you're amazed you did it.

Comment

Working...
                                X