No announcement yet.

Wtf is wrong with canadians columnist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are non-French outside of Quebec allowed to vote for ejection?

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
      What do you think of speech patterns of old mountain farmers in Steirmark?
      I find Salzburgers unintelligible enough. I can't begin to imagine what it would be like out in the countryside.

You have just contradicted yourself. If linguistis laws result in more French speakers being satisfied with their status in the federation, how can it yield more separatist votes?
      The proportion of voters that can suddenly become dissatisfied becomes increased. Whereas before less than a majority could become upset no matter what you did, now they can suddenly decide they want more and more.
      "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
      -Joan Robinson

Comment

• Originally posted by TCO
        Are non-French outside of Quebec allowed to vote for ejection?
        Non.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Can they switch to standard german?
          I need a foot massage

Comment

• I dont think you can simply resume language to a fonction of communication and says that there is no intrinsic worth to human language. I think it`s overly simple and naive to see this in that way.

Otherway, you need to resume human, as only a machine, who are communicating with others machines.
            Oh language definitely fillfuls other functions as well as acting as the frame of reference with which we view Reality.

I'm just saying that its most important function is as a communication device.

I'm not saying that cultural languages should just die out either, I'm just assuming they would as people wonder whats the point in learning their cultural language just for the sake of culture.

I'm not entirely serious either. Though the future is definitely gonna be more global in the way everything is conducted so it would be nice to have a language that everyone can communicate in without going "omg I'm not learning that language because those oppressive English bastards beat us in a war like ages ago".

Comment

Working...
            X