No announcement yet.

Swedish right coalition claims narrow victory in national elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would think 10 would be a good age..

It wouldn't be an every year thing?

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zoid
      If you´d got that question when you were 13 would you think it "a small price to pay" then?
      Yes.

I was forced to get painful vaccine shots too in that age you know. How's that for "government sponsored abuse"?
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Painful vaccine shots are good for you. Forced genital exams are not. Surely you see the difference?
        I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

You can´t think like that. That leads to a very scary place IMO... If you start to give away your civil liberties (or even worse other peoples civil liberites) it´s one step closer to a fascist dictatorship. What´s next? Cameras in every home to check for child abuse and domestic violence? Do we really want that?
          No offense, but that is pure BS. I think that you agree that vacciantion against diseases is quite ok, and that is done currently without much discussion - at least without discussion of loss of civil rights. Please explain how a visual inspection could in any way end up in a fasictic society ?
          With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• I tihnk it should be an exam of everything.. genitals included. Maybe once every year or three. State payed for..

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Painful vaccine shots are good for you. Forced genital exams are not. Surely you see the difference?
              Uhm, painful vaccine shots are not really good for you unless you encounter the virus you're vaccinated against

Edit: I think going through a few minutes of minor discomfort to help someone else avoiding a lifetime of major discomfort is a pretty good deal
              Last edited by Combat Ingrid; October 7, 2006, 20:17.
              The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat

No offense, but that is pure BS. I think that you agree that vacciantion against diseases is quite ok, and that is done currently without much discussion - at least without discussion of loss of civil rights. Please explain how a visual inspection could in any way end up in a fasictic society ?
                Not straight away. But if we continue to give away our civil liberties, like privacy and autonomy, pretty soon the government will tell us how to dress, how to think and how to vote.

There´s been a continuing debate about surveillance cameras in Sweden these last 5 years or so. Sure it´s handy for aid in solving crimes and act as a deterrent, but do we realy want to have a Big Brother society where we are monitored 24/7 for our safety? I know I sure as hell don´t.

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Ingrid

Uhm, painful vaccine shots are not really good for you unless you encounter the virus you're vaccinated against
                  And you do. We don´t vaccinate kids against malaria or yellow fever because they are not common here. Whopping cough, measles, polio, diptheria and Haemophilus influenzae type b are.

Comment

• Well, I'm just an evil dane, so I of course doesn't know much about the intricacies of the swedish hive, but could the suggestions from a person that obviously isn't the product of the swedish society be considered as a POW that is worth debating ? That is she isn't that inclined upon swedish phedophilesiastrics to inspect all female children, but just wan't the issue to be taken seriously ?
                    With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And you do. We don´t vaccinate kids against malaria or yellow fever because they are not common here. Whopping cough, measles, polio, diptheria and Haemophilus influenzae type b are.
                      And what if genital mutilation is common practice ? Won't you want to "vacinate" against that ?

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Well, I'm just an evil dane, so I of course doesn't know much about the intricacies of the swedish hive, but could the suggestions from a person that obviously isn't the product of the swedish society be considered as a POW that is worth debating ?
                        Not when she´s wrong!

Seriously, her goal is a noble one. And one that I can support, but her means for getting there are way off. Expressens editorial said it quite well in the article I linked to above.

Comment

And what if genital mutilation is common practice ? Won't you want to "vacinate" against that ?
                          They are two different things. You can´t compare them on an equal basis.

Comment

Not straight away. But if we continue to give away our civil liberties, like privacy and autonomy, pretty soon the government will tell us how to dress, how to think and how to vote.

There´s been a continuing debate about surveillance cameras in Sweden these last 5 years or so. Sure it´s handy for aid in solving crimes and act as a deterrent, but do we realy want to have a Big Brother society where we are monitored 24/7 for our safety? I know I sure as hell don´t.
                            No offense, but I really can't find any link between child protection and a big brother society.

Use of surveillance cameras in public areas has nothing to do with checking for mutilitation of children.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

They are two different things. You can´t compare them on an equal basis.
                              You are quite rigth - my excuse. one is just nature, so that is allowable to fight where the other is cultural and therefore "holy".

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Combat Ingrid
                                When I was in ~6th grade, all the boys had to go to the school nurse to check that their testes were in the right place and that their foreskin was not too tight. There was no complaints about this, as it served a useful purpose. I don't see how checking the girls' genitals would be any worse.
                                Well, either I've repressed the memory, or they didn't do that with us.
                                Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                                The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                                X