• Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks!

I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

moomin,

Åh, vil I ikke nok skåne os for Skåne?

(skåne = spara)

Det bliver aldrig det samme som før I fik ruineret det.

Och grattis igen med valsägren!

Comment

Though I like the Swedes as a people and only hope for the best for our distant cousins, I cannot help but remember that the-ex-that-broke-my-heart is Swedish. Therefore, I maintain a slight hope that the country will be in flames and reduced to anarchy and cannibalism before too long.

So, you know, I'd be happy with any outcome.

Leaning toward the anarchy and cannibalism one though.
        Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
        -Richard Dawkins

Comment

bollocks, there goes my plan to move to sweden and sign on!
          "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Sign on...what?

Comment

the dole
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

You actually have to have a job for a year before you can do that

Comment

what like you?

Comment

Indeed!

Comment

funny, now all the nordic countries have turned right-wing except norway which has the most leftist government ever
                      CSPA

Comment

Yeah, sorry about that.

Still, we led the way.

This week, Anders Fogh Rasmussen will become the Venstre PM to have been in office the longest.

Comment

What happened to the Viking Party?
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Zoid, ok, but basically we do agree on key issues that are supposed to create this welfare and well being and success. That is, good economy on a healthy and strong base. I think this shoud be obvious (it's not to everyone).

One of the problems in this in both of our countries is the high unemployment. This is a bit different in every country how it all works, you have different problems from ours but it's still similar in general, and since the political atmosphere is also similar, some comparisons can be made (with high critics in mind).

The problem of course with the slow decline is expensive welfare system added with high unemployment. Don't get me wrong, I do not oppose cradle to grave care, free education, healthcare.. none of these do I oppose. I think they are ESSENTIAL in creating social equality and basically fights the class society and I do feel that if these societies can be succesful, which these both are (but now in decline), we can afford all these things. But it all depends on productivity, how can we keep high employment and also cater to business, meaning that we keep exporting and getting that vital money flowing in from outside.

What I have a problem with is SDPs inability and will to bring outside money in and its focus on playing with the same money we have, 'massaging' unemployment numbers, creating ineffective programs that are extremely expensive, telling me what to do as in invading my own freedom to make my own choices in some areas of life, its populism to claim that the poor will suffer if we lower taxes (say, only income tax, letting poor have more buying power), ineffective and expensive structures in general, and the simple ideology of taking from rich and giving it to poor, which is simply a.. wealth transfer that does not create ANY action to the economy itself. I see this would hurt the poor most, because if they can't score big by a stroke of luck, they will be poor now and forever.

Hard working does not pay off, and the weakest keeps everyone down. This I do not cater to. Now.. I read the article LordShiva posted and I think it was spot on. It wasn't about cutting corporate tax as in generally just giving new breaks, it was about (what right coalition is going for) cutting employer cost, so that businesses are more willing and safe to employee people.

This would be true to SMALL businesses. Now, it's so expensive that if you're a one man company, you'll do the work of 5 people until you might have the balls to hire someone, due to high costs. THis is the same in here. I see this being one of the very key things to improve the job markets. Because we need those people off of welfare and into the jobs.

Jobs are just too important here and productivity, because.. good economy is the best allie of a poor person.

If you want to talk about the rich.. the rich can afford high taxes, low taxes, services, high gas prices.. it's the poor who suffer from these when they lose all that buying power and are struggling to get the necessities. They can never ever get into the markets and actually invest, it's too big of a risk to lose, the small amount. Services aren't floursihing when no one can afford to buy services, they'd rather do it themselves etc etc..

But unfortunately you have to cut somewhere to support, that's the way it goes.

I strongly agree with the strategy they want to go with, however yes they can screw it up totally. It's not easy and the only truth, you need to do it right and you need some luck, so we'll see. I hope it works well for you, I really do.
                            In da butt.
                            "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                            THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                            "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Rob Corddry is now a Swedish politician?

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

omg! I hope they pick this up at the daily show...
                                In da butt.
                                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Working...
                                X