This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The College Football Thread 2006

Florida State gets the early lead on Miami in the very last game of a weekend that unfolded pretty much the way the consensus of "experts" expected.

Are we going to do the Apolyton Top 10 poll again? I can't wait to hear the complaints of how much I overranked Notre Dame again!
    CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
    Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
    Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
    Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

I'm not sure how much credit I would give the "experts". Cal got annihilated by Tennessee, Notre Dame barely snuck past Georgia Tech and it didn't take a rocket scientist to predict Ohio State would beat Northern Illinois, Texas would beat North Texas, etc...

Still a great weekend, though. Thanks Colorado!
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

VOLS!

I agree Drake!

Lee Corso picking Cal for the National Championship...gotta love it!
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

The Vols certainly put a smackdown on Cal. Wow.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Both Miami and FSU look like tough teams this year. Good game so far.
          I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
            I'm not sure how much credit I would give the "experts". Cal got annihilated by Tennessee, Notre Dame barely snuck past Georgia Tech and it didn't take a rocket scientist to predict Ohio State would beat Northern Illinois, Texas would beat North Texas, etc...

Still a great weekend, though. Thanks Colorado!
            I missed the game, but I'm glad that the Buffs have lowered the expectation level around here. Coloradans are insufferable if they think their team has a chance to do anything.

Why am I saddled with friends that don't watch football at all? It sucks to constantly miss games because I have some social obligation scheduled during a prime football watching time.
            He's got the Midas touch.
            But he touched it too much!
            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Hooray for Montana State! 2 teams in the Big Sky conference actually beat 1A teams this weekend.

The last time we beat a 1A team (1984) we won the national championship! So thank you, Colorado, for falling apart in that game.

Comment

Coloradans are insufferable if they think their team has a chance to do anything.

QFT
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Another boring, underwhelming performance by Miami and Florida State, apart from the FSU defence. And once again, the announcers can't help but fall over themselves fellating those two programs.

Whenever two teams from Florida play each other, I root for a meteor to crash into the stadium. My side never wins.

I propose we do the Poly Top 10 again this year, but we wait until after Week 6, when most teams will have played half their schedule.
                  "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                  "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

colorado

Comment

I'm a Fresno State fan, and while they don't look too hot this year they have a RB who's a junior who will, if he stays healthy, give Fresno St. another rated entry next year.

Fresno plays Oregon on Saturday, a game that will sure to set their course for the year.
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Texas Longhorn defense is more concerned with staying out of jail.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I propose we do the Poly Top 10 again this year, but we wait until after Week 6, when most teams will have played half their schedule.

Didn't we start after Week 4 last year? I think that is a good time to start it this time. A month of games has gone by and there are still 8 weeks of fun poll movement.

Most of the fun is seeing where the polls go week to week, rather have 8 weeks of it than 6 .

Next week some things will shake out when OSU and Texas meet again. I think the road teams wins again in a close one. Colt McCoy looked good against North Texas, but I don't think he's got the experience to take down OSU. He's no Vince Young.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Due to poor SU football ticket sales SU is giving away basketball tix to people who purchase tix to the football home opener:

If you purchase a ticket to the Syracuse University football home-opener against Iowa, you will get a free ticket to the Syracuse University men’s basketball game against Hofstra on December 22nd.

The Syracuse/Iowa game is this Saturday at 3:30 PM at the Dome.

Link

Doubt there will be much turnout though, considering how miserable SU's offense is again this year.....

D

Comment

In the Razorback world, Saturday's starting QB has been demoted to WR, and super-frosh Matt Mustain has been granted the starting role. Hope he does not get killed due to lack of pass-blocking from the O-Line.

Comment

Working...
                              X