Do you plan on having children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber

I just had a vision of you hurriedly deflecting a toddler away from the open stair-well
    Good vision! After the first few deflections we had to improvise a barrier out of an old piece of lino. He couldn't push on it, but it was enough that he wasn't curious about going over there much anyway.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

4 kids sounds alright

That number is between "the average family" and "prolific conservative catholic"
      I need a foot massage

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

Good vision! After the first few deflections we had to improvise a barrier out of an old piece of lino. He couldn't push on it, but it was enough that he wasn't curious about going over there much anyway.
        well stairs are the number one obvious hazard for a 1 year old so it didn't take psychic abilities to think it could be an issue.

Our son is three and we still have gates at the top of stairwells-- he navigates the stairs easily but we kept the gates up to restrict him from getting downstairs since its much tougher to babyproof a kitchen from a child that can climb on to countertops
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Our plans are to adopt two baby Chinese girls as soon as we can afford a bigger place. I will need to find a way to offset the added greenhouse emissions of adding two more Americans to the world.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I can't understand why anyone hates their future offsping so much they'd make more than two of them. More people only hastens the ecological breakdown.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I don't think ecological break down will be caused by over population. I think it will be caused by unchecked capitalism. As such, I don't think there is anything wrong with adding more people to the world.

I would like to point out, that population pressure is a good thing.

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN
              GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

i wouldn't worry about taking che's ideas seriously.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Mrs. Aabraxan and I have one three-year-old daughter and want more. Maybe parenthood isn't for everyone, but it has been a blast for me. I never knew how much fun little kids could be until I had one of my own. Little Miss is currently obsessed with pirates, and we're having a her birthday party on Saturday, complete with buried treasure! She's also the budding grammar-hound. I asked the other day, "Can I have some of that?" She replied, "You may."

Comment

god help them if I do
                    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                    X