Do you plan on having children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flubber

Babysitting can be very tough if you are unaccustomed to children. A one year old can be very tough as they are mobile but not able to communicate very well.

As a parent, you are more used to your own child and can head off the tantrums more easily. If you know what they like and have established methods to deal with bad behavior, the result is a lot more happy playtime than most babysitters generally see.

Oh and with a 1 year old , they might just get bent out of shape simply because their parents are not there. very little you can do
    It's not just the babysitting, I know it's better if it's your own, for one we wouldn't have had to baby proof things on the fly. It's also the freedom and lifestyle mentioned in the OP.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

With the implant there are some side effects that are not entirely unwelcome, such as reduced/infrequent periods and associated period problems. Also I was told it prevents ovulation so the woman may remain fertile longer. That last bit is conjecture though

I dont know much about modern vasectomy technique, but i remember (probably from the reliable source, tv ) that performing a reverse vasectomy is like knotting spaghetti Thats an image thats stuck with me, that image plus the deep rooted male fear of having their nuts tampered with has put me far from the pro-vasectomy crowd.

A close friend had the snip and remains virile in his old age, so who knows, it might be a good idea after all
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

for one we wouldn't have had to baby proof things on the fly.
        I just had a vision of you hurriedly deflecting a toddler away from the open stair-well
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Plus, I have an awesome dog. He's kind of like a retarded child. (I know this will offend many of you - I don't care.)
          As a fellow dog owner, I can relate to that! In the case of my lab, add in ADHD as well.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            Oh, children might be nice one day. I plan on having two children:

A raven haired older daughter who will be as smart as she is beautiful; willful and independent who men will fawn over as a goddess. She'll also be trained in most major forms of martial combat and will be a whizz with a short sword.

A son who will be tall and strapping, a sensitive yet rugged man of the sciences. Curly dark hair and piercing blue eyes accent his fallen angel beauty. He'll also have the morals of a snake aside from his fierce loyalty to the family.

Anyway, this is my plan. What I get depends far more on whatever female friend I can trick into giving me an egg and a womb for 9 months.
            I thought you were gay or at least bi.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin

I thought you were gay or at least bi.
              Oh, exceedingly gay. But I saw the most delightful line of turkey basters in House of Fraser the other day, right next to the Moka coffee maker I simply had to buy, and well, it started the idea just rolling along in my head!

Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Hell no, I don't need to contribute to the overpopulation problem, besides, I have horrible genetics in my family (ADHD, Autism, Diabetes, Obesity, predisposition to get Breast Cancer, etc.)

Comment

we don't have an overpopulation problem.

Comment

Our problem is only stupid people are breeding.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

and the meek shall inherit... something, something
                      Monkey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                        Our problem is only stupid people are breeding.
                        They breed faster, but they also find ways of killing themselves faster.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Snotty
                          The snip? isnt that a bit extreme? What about the pill? hormone injection? or the 5 year hormone implant? given that long they might even have got a pill for us
                          I'm afraid God would see right through a cheap trick like that.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin

They breed faster, but they also find ways of killing themselves faster.
                            not fast enough

Comment

I'm too young to care about specifics, but I know I'd feel pretty empty in 40 years time if I didn't.

And if I was, then I'd rather do it while I was in my 20s. Sure, economically and financially it may not be sensible, but my dad was in his late 30s when I was born, and by the time I got to my teenage years, he couldn't do any sporty stuff with me, which I kinda felt a bit deprived of. So I'm buggered if I'm going to miss out on playing sport or doing some physical activities with my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                                Sure. But not yet. Also I need a wife first.
                                The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Working...
                                X