Do you plan on having children?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you plan on having children?

As the title says, do you plan on starting a family? Have one already? Want more kids? Wish you didn't have the ones you've got?

I absolutely don't want kids, and neither does the wife. We've been discussing more permanent birth control options, an IUD-type thing for her and vasectomy for me. We're in our mid-to-late 30s so it's no big deal, it's not like we're still in our 20s and might suddenly realize we've made a terrible mistake. No chilluns fo' us.

My older sister has 4 great kids, my younger sis wants kids at some point. My wife's brother has an awesome stepdaughter. Several of our friends have children. So we're content to be aunts and uncles, happy to play with and take care of them for a while, then hand them back to their parents when we're done.

Our minds have been made up for a long time - neither of us ever wanted our own kids. It was a sad decision to come to at the time, and there are still moments when I think how wonderful it would be to have a daughter (not really interested in having a son.) But those moments are few compared to how content I am to have freedom to do what I want whenever I want, freedom to go on vacations at the drop of a hat, etc. Many of the positives of having a child - watching them grow, sharing their triumphs and defeats, molding them - can be accomplished to an extent via unclehood.

Plus, I have an awesome dog. He's kind of like a retarded child. (I know this will offend many of you - I don't care.)

So, how many Polytubbies want families? If you already have kids you're invited to vote as well, I've included options for you. I'm just curious how many of us have intent to propagate.
    No kids and don't want them
    28.99%
    No kids, but eventually want 1 or 2
    23.19%
    No kids, but eventually want 3 or more
    26.09%
    I have 1-2 kids, but want more
    4.35%
    I have 3 or more kids, and still want more
    0.00%
    I have 1-2 kids and that's enough
    11.59%
    I have 3 or more kids and that's enough, dammit
    4.35%
    I have kids but really wish I didn't
    0.00%
    Yes, we have no bananas, we have no bananas today!
    1.45%

One kid, and one on the way. Thats enough.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

No kids, don't want any. I'm not cruel enough to force my genome on an unsuspecting child.
      "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

VHEMT

Comment

Probably have kids, although if they are girls I will no doubt die of stress before Im old
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

None yet, but eventually as many as we can afford.

Comment

My first is due in (approximately) four weeks.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What about the option "We really want to have children but we can't have children"? Or does that not fit in with all the 'planning children' stuff.

You can plan all the children you want but children aren't like furniture, you can't plan them. Of course, sometimes it's possible, but there are a lot of people out there who waited long and were too late when they 'tried'.

Me and my wife are currently expecting our 1st child on october 17th. We hope to get more children.
                Formerly known as "CyberShy"
                Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

currently have 3 and one step dont plan on any more.
                  It might have been nice to have one with tuber but the four we have already, is enough. I think of it this way i have to put these kids through college and that aint gonna be cheap.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Sure. But not yet. Also I need a wife first.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

I think it was AH who said I shouldn't reproduce.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                        there's always sperm banks.

Comment

I wouldn't mind two kids... a son and a daughter. This is so I can race them and so determine which is the superior gender .
                          "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                          "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberShy
                              What about the option "We really want to have children but we can't have children"? Or does that not fit in with all the 'planning children' stuff.
                              That option didn't occur to me. I would have included it if it had. I was thinking of the have/don't have dichotomy so much that I overlooked can't have. An oversight I'll try to amend in my next poll.

Comment

Working...
                              X