No announcement yet.

Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, Winston, I am not trying to pick a fight over what you said, I just genuinely loved Irwin's work.
    "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

No fears, I can understand.

It just struck me as curious that anybody would think that way of a person who is totally unknown to me, and, I would think, to just about everyone who doesn't watch TV.

Comment

TV, films, he's a zoo director, well known in the zoological field (and well respected, not perceived as some publicity-hungry flake or pretender).
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Didn't lose a wink of sleep. He had it coming.

Now, when is the next running of the bulls...?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Running of the bulls? Yeah, now that's a smart activity.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Apparently they have film footage of him pulling the barb out with two hands.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

The footage is in the hands of the police and I've heard that that little factoid can neither be confirmed nor denied.
                Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

it was leaked.

Comment

more seriously, stolen from tribalwar:

Say what you like about Steve Irwin. But at the end of the day, Steve was a man's man. Part insane, part businessmen, part balls-of-steel, part family man, and probably part foolish.

I remember the first time I Saw Steve in action. He was out in a swamp in the middle of the night with his wife and dog. The purpose? To relocate a croc that had been messing about on some public land.

The footage was vaguely reminiscent of "The Blair Witch Project" His eyes were glowing wildly in the light. He looked half crazed with his mop of blonde hair and his ever present khaki bush attire. He was using a high powered torch to search the shoreline for the croc.

Suddenly, two beady eyes lit up up against the shore. He said something like. "and there she is" and he was gone. Jumped in. Lept into the dark, swampy croc infested water like a kid leaping into a pool. Totally self-confident that he was going to handle that dangerous animal.

And, handle he did. Somehow, beneath that thrashing murky water he managed to wrestle the croc and subdue it. He muscled it to the boat and with the assistance of Terri they roped the mouth shut. Barely out of breath he continued - "And now we can relocate this little beauty out of harms way to somewhere that she can live in peace and not anger the locals".

That was it. In the space of 2 minutes he had put his life on the line before my very eyes. He had done something that not many of us can comprehend. Furthermore, he had done it with the help of his wife in a boat in the middle of the night in a swamp.

Steve Irwin - part crazy ass bastard, part businessmen, part family guy, part animal lover but all man. A man's man. And what does that mean? Respectable. Sure, you won't be leaping into swamps yourself. But, he kind of made you feel like you could. Or at least, he re-enforced the idea of just what a man is capable of. With nothing but his bare hands and a big pair of balls, he could tame the wildest of creatures.

It was perhaps inevitable that he would pass on in the manner that he did. It is amazing that he lasted so long on the edge. I bet hardly a day went by when he wasn't doing something that most of us would consider insanity.

Steve Irwin did not die with a period at the end of the sentence of his life. Rather, he went out with an exclamation point. It is poignant and rather fitting that one of the animals he loved so much placed that punctuation mark upon him. However, it is a totally fitting and respectable end to the way he lived life. You can only cheat the grim reaper so often and he wears many a guise.

So, here's to you Steve. You lucky, death cheating bastard. That's right, lucky. Some will say your end was untimely and void of luck. Personally, I consider you one of the luckiest SOBs on the planet. Who could have imagined that a light such as yours could have shown bright for so long in the environments you chose to inhabit?

I hope that heaven can keep you busy. Perhaps it is filled with crocs that need to be re-located to hell. You are just the man to handle it. If there is a god, I am sure he can use a guy like you to keep things under control.

I would say 'RIP' but that is not the way you lived and I don't believe that is how you would wish to spend eternity. Screw that. Rip it up Steve.

Farewell.

Comment

This is going to be hard on my two children.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha
                        http://scubasteve.ytmnd.com/
                        http://steveirwintape.ytmnd.com/
                        Steve's death was a loss for all of us. But please, stop making RIP sites for him.
                        Unbelievable!

Comment

actually I'm not posting all of the ones I'm seeing.

Comment

Am I the only one who really could't care less? "Nature lover" my ass, he had no real respect for it, it was just show.

Cry a river, really...

Now at least his children are freed from a freak who endangers their lives too.
                            "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                            "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

actually I'm not posting all of the ones I'm seeing.
                              Didn't say you were, just thought it was mildly amusing.
                              Unbelievable!

Comment

it is amusing. the SA threads are also pretty fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X