X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn, I liked the guy.
    I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

"The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Tis sad. The news spread fast though. I found out at work about an hour after it happened.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is the Bumhunter still ok?
          Unbelievable!

Comment

I always found his shows too scary to watch. Not because of the crocs, but because of all those times he squatted down in tight little shorts that just plain begged for an escaping nut.
            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Well, like everyone says and knows, this isn't the biggest surprise.. but still.. he had unique passion. He had PASSION. It's always sad when someone like him goes away too soon, he had more contributions left in him.

I found him extremely entertaining, mostly because he was absolutely out of his mind, but surely he had some idea what he was doind regardless

Anyway, RIP...
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Well alas, he who lives by the sword often dies by the sword. Still, pretty crappy news regardless...
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

RIP
                  CSPA

Comment

He had passion. Pekka, you sum it up extremely well.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I heard about this...shortly after midnight. While trying to sleep. The girls in the hall were running around informing each other of it in loud voices. My initial sympathy wore out unusually quickly as a result, but now that I've had my six hours or so of sleep: what a crummy way to go. I never saw his show (we don't get Animal Planet at our place), but I'm told he was really something to watch.

One thing that puzzles me, though: it says the stingray barb went THROUGH his chest. That implies, to me, that it went in one side, passed through organs, and stuck the point out of the other. I don't know stingrays at all well, but are they all that powerful/well-equipped/mean? Or was this an unusually dangerous species found Down Under? Or was Irwin just getting unreasonably close to the thing, so it hit him at point-blank?
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I hope the ray was captured, so that the prime minister can kick it
                        I need a foot massage

Comment

Knowing Irwin, he was probably giving it a big bear hug.
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            I always hoped he'd get his head bitten off, but now, well, I feel kind of weird.
                            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I must say I've never heard of the guy.

Comment

Heard about it this morning and wanted to post it, with a better title, mind you but forgot about it.

People who live (and die) with passion.

Dangar!!!Dangar!!!
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X