No announcement yet.

Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter DEAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am I a sick bastard for thinking of the croc hunter parody in fallout 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
      Whoa.

I just realized: with the Croc Hunter dead, the western world's only remaining source for preconceived images of Australia will be those horribly annoying Outback Steakhouse commercials.
      maybe they will make a crocadile dundee 3.

Comment

My gf and I were both strangely saddened by the news. I say strangely because we watched perhaps an hour of this guy wrestling with wildlife each. He seemed like a nice guy I guess.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

I never watched his program, but it's still kind of hard to believe he's dead, despite all the dangerous stuff he's done. oh well.

Comment

Given the risks he took it was inevitable. The irony is that he was doing a show about dangerous animals and probably the least dangerous thing in aussie waters killed him. Now if he had been out swimming with the Irukandji jellyfish he would've been much more likely to die.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm not surprised. It is sad, though. He's got a wife and kid(s?), and Pekka nailed it: he had passion. Sure, he was off his rocker, but in a good way, I felt.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

It was bound to happen eventually.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's to bad no one one on youtube has posted that FedEx commercial he did a few years back. It was a great self parody.

Croc Hunter: "Here we have the deadly XXXX snake who's bite will kill a man in just 10 seconds. Luckily, I am a highly trained professional who... (snake bites the croc hunter)

Croc Hunter: "Luckily, we had the anti-venom shipped to us via Federal Express and..."

Assistant: (runs up to the croc hunter and whispers in his ear.)

Croc Hunter: "It seems we didn't use Federal Express and the package didn't arrive on time. No worries we can still try to... (croc hunter falls over dead)

FedEx spokesman: When the package absolutely must arrive on time then make it FedEx.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                    Whoa.

I just realized: with the Croc Hunter dead, the western world's only remaining source for preconceived images of Australia will be those horribly annoying Outback Steakhouse commercials.
                    What about Fosters? Can't say I've seen any ads in a while, but it's (American) football season again, so maybe they'll be back.

I like the one where there's a big steak, and a hand comes into view and puts a sprig of parsley on it. Aussie voiceover says: "Salad."

I always thought something with lots of teeth or big fangs would get the ol' Croc Hunter.

RIP.
                    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Steve Irwin was a legendary figure in our world and shall be missed immensely. It hit me hard when I heard he had died.
                      "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Aussie government is offering to provide a State funeral.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Legendary figure..?

I'd hate to hurt anyone's feelings here, but aren't we about to go a bit overboard on this? As I understand it, he was a modern day television celebrity, with all the positives and negatives that it usually entails these days. And I honestly had never heard of him before this thread was started, though I do sense that I'm in the minority on that one.

Comment

He earned my viewing him as a legend by being an honest person filled with a good, wholesome, and vibrant spirit in his work. I even liked it more because it was apparent that he was beng who he really was; and this was even more wonderful as you realized he was doing a career he was indeed destined to fulfill.

Damn straight I am a Steve Irwin mark.
                            "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
                              RIP Steve.

Damn, what a bizzare way to go. The only reason he died was because the barb pierced his heart, stingrays arn't that dangerous, normally they just give people a nasty food injury, that the barb hit his heart is just a freak accident.
                              Even if it hadn't hit his heart, penetration into the abdominal or thoracic cavity can well be fatal unless you have very quick medical treatment. It's just highly unusual as your limbs almost always are what gets into range first, and rays are pretty docile creatures. You could expect him to be taken down by a large predator or some high-risk event, but this was just a bizarre fluke.
                              When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Winston
                                Legendary figure..?

I'd hate to hurt anyone's feelings here, but aren't we about to go a bit overboard on this? As I understand it, he was a modern day television celebrity.
                                Only in part - he was also a highly knowledgeable, committed naturalist, who used his character and personality to generate a lot of interest in exotic wildlife.
                                When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Working...
                                X