Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So apparently it's not enough to throw a challenge flag - an official has to see it.

Steelers would have had the ball inside the 2 - probably would have scored anyway. And there'd be less time for Miami to try to score.

EDIT: INT by Polamalu. If Miami can't stop them, it's game over.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

It looks like the flag was down there about a second before the snap. Don't ask me why Saban just strolled out there instead of really trying to get the flag out before the play. The Dolphins guys upstairs really dropped the ball on that one.
      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

They've been equitable in their screwed up calls.

Wilson was mugged: No call

Saban throws the challenge flag: No challenge

Parker gets tackled two yards in bounds: clock stopped
        I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

As I posted in the LHL thread, I don't care if Ben misses the game. The Steelers are just a much better football team.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Batch did a pretty good job filling in.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
            Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
            One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Ben was a product of the system sort of player early in 2004. But the system hasn't gone anywhere.

Comment

20 % of Batch's completions were touchdowns. 60% completion rate. I'll take that.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The fumble was just godawful.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                    The fumble was just godawful.
                    Yeah, the fumble was godawful.

I'm glad that the Steelers have Batch as a back-up, though. He's a solid player, and can help you win a game or two. The fact that he's a local guy is an added plus. I wouldn't want him to start the whole season, but I'm glad that he's on the sideline.
                    I'm about to get aroused from watching the pokemon and that's awesome. - Pekka

Comment

Sure, if you look at a team like Minnesota, they've got Tarvaris Jackson for a backup. There are some teams that can just chalk up an L for every game their quarterback is out. 2005 Eagles, anyone?

Comment

Who didn't start Batch? Who would have?
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If you don't have a better option than Batch, you are in sad shape.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Wait, wait, aren't you a Bears fan?

Comment

Yeah, so?
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

A good game til the last couple of Miami possessions. A good start to the season.
                                He's got the Midas touch.
                                But he touched it too much!
                                Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
                                X