Yahoo Fantasy Hockey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kontiki
    FFS! How about original set up, but only 2 starts?
    I'm still in favor of adding SOG to those original stats. I really don't care for the excuse that the draft order is determined already.

I think giving goalies more than 1/3 of the available stats makes the players much more valuable to a poolie team than they should be -- and given how few elite goaltenders there really are, the teams early in the draft stand to gain huge benefits from it.

dejon, for example, got HUGE help from his excellent draft pick of Kipper in round 1 last season...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Stick with the rules we agree on and get on with the draft. This changing things at the last minute is BS.
      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Why? Does it impact the draft order?
        For the same reason that if I wanted to favour myself I would now urge more goalie stats.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
          Forgive my obtuseness (is that a word ) but how are these rules different then the "original rules"?

- 2 starts for goalies instead of 3
          - ?

* Sparrowhawk
          Taking away goalie stats and adding skater stats, and the guy proposing them has less than a snowballs chance in hell of getting an elite goalie in the draft.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• I say we re-do the damn draft order considering it hasn't even started yet to shut up the people whining about the draft order affecting it.

Our primary concern is a balanced league. I may end up 16th in the new draft, but I feel strongly about not overemphasizing the impact of goalies in this league.

The very fact that people with early pool picks are dead-set against de-emphasizing goalie stats shows just how obvious this is. The random draft order should not dramatically impact the outcome of the league, but with the heavy emphasis on goaltenders that's exactly what will happen. Elite goaltenders will go in the first ~6 picks, leaving inconsistent and unpredictable performers for everyone else that decides a big chunk of the results...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I'm really starting to think this is the best way to go:

2 starts, W, SV%, G, A, PPG, PPA, +/-, SOG

The reality is that there's a far bigger discrepancy among goalies than there is amongst skaters. By neutering them this much, having one of the top guys is still going to help you, but your not going to get crushed if you don't have one.
              "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
              "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
              "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha
                Stick with the rules we agree on and get on with the draft. This changing things at the last minute is BS.
                I must've missed the part where we all agreed on rules.

As far as I'm concerned the draft isn't to start until the 1st, so this is hardly last minute. I'm sorry you wish to manipulate this otherwise.

Comment

I'm really starting to think this is the best way to go:

The reality is that there's a far bigger discrepancy among goalies than there is amongst skaters. By neutering them this much, having one of the top guys is still going to help you, but your not going to get crushed if you don't have one.
                  This is absurd.

The draft order has been determined, and now the rules are open for debate?!

Who is posting what objections?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher
                    I say we re-do the damn draft order considering it hasn't even started yet to shut up the people whining about the draft order affecting it.

Our primary concern is a balanced league. I may end up 16th in the new draft, but I feel strongly about not overemphasizing the impact of goalies in this league.

The very fact that people with early pool picks are dead-set against de-emphasizing goalie stats shows just how obvious this is. The random draft order should not dramatically impact the outcome of the league, but with the heavy emphasis on goaltenders that's exactly what will happen. Elite goaltenders will go in the first ~6 picks, leaving inconsistent and unpredictable performers for everyone else that decides a big chunk of the results...
                    That's got me pegged, alright.
                    ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

I'm really starting to think this is the best way to go:

I completely agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

I must've missed the part where we all agreed on rules.

As far as I'm concerned the draft isn't to start until the 1st, so this is hardly last minute. I'm sorry you wish to manipulate this otherwise.
                        I must have imagined the part about the ****ING DRAFT STARTING. Silly me.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

This is absurd.

The draft order has been determined, and now the rules are open for debate?!

Who is posting what objections?
                          I don't understand why the draft order has any bearing on this. No one has picked yet. You still have the number two pick no matter what we settle on, and who you pick is just as open as if we hadn't set the order yet.
                          "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                          "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                          "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

I don't understand why the draft order has any bearing on this. No one has picked yet. You still have the number two pick no matter what we settle on, and who you pick is just as open as if we hadn't set the order yet.
                            Did you miss last season? nye plays with the commish to his advantage. He's already started with you.

The draft order has no bearing on this, except that in the original rules (which were NOT agreed upon by everyone, and the draft has NOT started contrary to what joncha says) the goaltenders were individually overpowered leaving early-round pickers better "bang for their buck" with their pick. Now that the revised rules even the playing field and reduce the overpowered goalies overwhelming importance, he's upset.

That's all there is to this.

Good night.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncha

I must have imagined the part about the ****ING DRAFT STARTING. Silly me.
                              No picks have been made yet, joncha.

Silly you, indeed...

Comment

• Imran didn't make his pick? I must be going senile.

Comment

Working...
                                X