Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Mess With Texas

From an email from a relative.
    Even if you vote incorrently, it's pretty interesting.

MING! Pay attention, son.

IF YOU ARE A TEXAN BY BIRTH OR A TEXAN BY HEART......

The Texas Highway Department's anti-litter slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" has been nominated for a very prestigious advertising award. If it were to win, a Bronze Plaque would be placed on Madison Avenue's "Advertising Walk of Fame" in New York City and would also get a permanent place at the Advertising Icon Museum in Kansas City .

Please go to the Advertising Week Favorite Slogan's Website http://advertising.yahoo.com/adverti...ogan_poll.html and vote!

The competition is tough, like "Got Milk? "What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas"; "The breakfast of Champions"; and others; so please vote before September 29, 2006 and tell your fellow Texans to do likewise.

Wouldn't it be cool for New Yorkers to have to walk past a Bronze Plaque every day that said, "DON'T MESS WITH TEXAS"?

P.S. Please pass this on to all of your Texas friends!! This is a matter of "Texas Pride"! We can win this if everybody forwards the link to their friends, and they vote. Do it now.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

It should do well, and I think it should be there!

I mean, come on, 'mess' and 'Texas' is a perfect combination!!!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Just out of curiousity, does anyone -- outside of the Oklahoma Sooners -- even try to mess with Texas??

Comment

Sloww... I have to admit that there are some of the most classic slogans ever produced in this contest... and I happen to like quite a few of them far more than your choice... But I voted for it anyway, because I agree... make the New Yorkers walk by it every day

Remember folks... vote early and vote often!
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Don't worry, if such a plaque comes to NYC we will cheerfully ignore it just as we ignore Texans here

And if it is a "walk of fame", then that means we will cheerfully step all over it with pleasure every day.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Now you're talking Chicago!

Comment

These aren't all "new" slogans. There's a wide range in time and products.

I wasn't going to say anything. Was going to just let it pass; BUT, please vote for Texas, and think of GePap. See how they are?

Edit: Forgot to say thanks to Ming, and to any and all that may follow. Thanks for the vote.
              Last edited by SlowwHand; August 22, 2006, 21:33.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                Sloww... I have to admit that there are some of the most classic slogans ever produced in this contest... and I happen to like quite a few of them far more than your choice... But I voted for it anyway, because I agree... make the New Yorkers walk by it every day

Well said!
                "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Sorry, but I saw "We answer to a higher authority" (Hebrew National) and that got it.
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

mitchell, you punk.

Comment

Voted something else on purpose.
                      "Compromises are not always good things. If one guy wants to drill a five-inch hole in the bottom of your life boat, and the other person doesn't, a compromise of a two-inch hole is still stupid." - chegitz guevara
                      "Bill3000: The United Demesos? Boy, I was young and stupid back then.
                      Jasonian22: Bill, you are STILL young and stupid."

"is it normal to imaginne dartrh vader and myself in a tjhreee way with some hot chick? i'ts always been my fantasy" - Dis

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                        Don't worry, if such a plaque comes to NYC we will cheerfully ignore it just as we ignore Texans here

And if it is a "walk of fame", then that means we will cheerfully step all over it with pleasure every day.
                        I plan to mess with it.
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

I mess with Texas everyday.

Comment

The only thing better would be to have such a slogan up here.
                            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

now if there was a slogan for New York, it ought to be **** you!

I recall being in New York a few years ago and seeing shirts being sold that had 3-inch block print letters: "New York ****ing City".

Friend of mine actually bought one and wore it around the city. Most responses were positive, in the line of "**** yeah!"
                              Visit First Cultural Industries
                              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X