Am I Weird? ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Weird? ?

OK So I was on a date, this was last night, NOT WITH MY GIRLFRIEND (i have had a steady girlfriend for about 2.5 years, although she is getting porky) but with a girl I knew from college. Very simple.

Here's the problem. She kept going "you're sooo weird " but I couldn't tell if she meant it critically. I would do the following::

1) not eat the food at the restaurant (I did not like it) ...her response :: "are you gonna eat that. It's gettin cold." my response :: "it got ****ty a while ago" . her response: "um alright"

2) not look her in the eye. i kind of stared out of the window a lot. this provoked no direct response but I think it got to her. I was staring at a traffic light that was changing really fast. So I say "Wow that traffic light is changing...pretty fast." She is kinda surprised by this and says "well I guess so." There was an awkward 20 second silence after that...felt like forever

3) i checked my cell phone a lot. i tried to explain to her that "my vibrator broke..." , she winced, i explained "no, the vibrate function on my phone broke, so I got to check it until I get it fixed." she was like "Yeah i bet". i didn't know what to say.
    [what the hell should I have said??]

4) i smoked. this surprised me myself, actually, I'm not sure why I did that. she offered me a cigarrette so I smoked, despite not being a smoker, so I coughed up a ****storm. She went to the bathroom at this point so I'm thinking of following her in. I mean, just to make this **** a little more awkward than it already is, right.

5) i called her cute which is apparently scandalous to this girl. then i remember she doesn't have a boyfriend so she is thinking "Omfg this toolbag is trying to ditch his girlfriend and get with me" and must think I'm trolling for some action . This is not the kind of person I am but SHE WAS THINKIN IT.

6) i offered to teach her how to play chess when she said "i dont know how to play chess." so i spent 5 minutes telling her the rules....which is really hard to do, i realized, and I just dropped it. reaction : she slightly smiled and said "oh, it must be so hard to play." i'm like "yeah really hard." followed by more silence.

I feel miserable about this. I don't have the heart to ask if anyone here thinks I am weird but I would like to COMPARE DATES and ask if anything like this experience has happened to anyone here. . . . . .

Re: Am I Weird? ?

Originally posted by Wiglaf

2) not look her in the eye. i kind of stared out of the window a lot.
    Unbelievable!

Comment

Yes

JM
      (didn't read OP)
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

So did you end up getting laid?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
          Well?

Honestly, if you've been with a girl for 2.5 years, why are you going on a "date"? And what's with the "porky" comment? Decide what (and who) you're doing.
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
            That was the weird part.
            "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
            "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
            2004 Presidential Candidate
            2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Awkward silences during a date?!? OMG, that's never happened to any of us!! Never! We always know exactly what do say, and say it at the appropriate time. What is wrong with you???

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                Yes

JM
                (didn't read OP)
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I'm not sure you're weird but it does seem like an ackward date.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Am I Weird? ?

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    5) i called her cute which is apparently scandalous to this girl. then i remember she doesn't have a boyfriend so she is thinking "Omfg this toolbag is trying to ditch his girlfriend and get with me" and must think I'm trolling for some action . This is not the kind of person I am but SHE WAS THINKIN IT.
                    Before I can answer your question, I need to know why you were on a date with her in the first place if you weren't trying to ditch your girlfriend and get with her.

BTW, you stole my sig
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Well it was a date..but nothing sexual happened and I didn't want it to. It was just "let's get dinner" , my girlfriend was out of town and she had no boyfriend so what the hell. I thought it was no big deal but I can see she probably was thinking that I was thinking it was.

Comment

Well you shouldn't be going on dates with girls, just go out with them as friends, it makes things much easier and takes off a load of tension.

The girl actually sounds a lot like a girl I was out with last week (I wouldn't call it a date though, even if I was single!), is she foreign? Mind you, it sounds like you were saying some weird stuff too, but never mind. She didn't catch a glance at a picture of the president on your phone did she?

It's also very rude to do that with your phone on a "date" anyway. You should turn the phone off and ignore it while you're with her.

Comment

Yeah, turn the phone off while you're out on a date.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

No, you're not weird - you're obviously just a virgin. Oh, sure, you have a 'girlfriend' already, but I would say she is the inflatable kind of girlfriend. Perhaps she sprung a leak necessitating alternate plans.

I also love how some people think that if you don't like looking people in the eye you have Asperger's Syndrome. Cats don't like much eye contact so they all must have Asperger's Syndrome.
                            Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

No, you're not weird - you're obviously just a virgin. Oh, sure, you have a 'girlfriend' already, but I would say she is the inflatable kind of girlfriend. Perhaps she sprung a leak necessitating alternate plans.
                              uncalled for!

normally i'd keep my phone on (vibrate) and just make a note if it buzzed...ringers are obnoxious, i think.

Comment

Working...
                              X