What do you think of bullfighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smiley
    I don't get why Americans find bullfighting more objectional than their own meat industry. At least the bulls in the ring are raised healthily before slaughter.
    There need to be changes made in the meat industry, both to ensure the health of the animal and to minimalize cruel, messy and fearful deaths. Just because you're rendering something into food doesn't mean it should have to suffer.

But such measures cost money, and add to the cost of the final product. I'm surprised nobody has developed a "cruelty-free slaughterhouse", where the cows have happy, healthy lives, and are killed in conditions that are swift, painless, and unexpected. Then charge 2x-3x more for the meat than normal. Some folks will go for it, probably enough to sustain a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      I don't get why Americans find bullfighting more objectional than their own meat industry. At least the bulls in the ring are raised healthily before slaughter.
      We don't torture our bulls before we eat them. Though I won't argue that conditions in our meat industry are humane.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

In fact life conditions for cattle at any industrial farm are far more inhumane compared to that of combat bulls. I would choose easily the life of a combat bull: long life in the wild plus some minutes of combat and pain before death (very similar to how it would be in nature btw) above the normal food-cattle life: short miserable life in a tiny recint getting fart eating fodder made with another cows and then death maybe with less pain but without any oportunity.
        Last edited by Thorgal; July 29, 2006, 13:41.
        Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

Originally posted by ajbera
          There need to be changes made in the meat industry, both to ensure the health of the animal and to minimalize cruel, messy and fearful deaths. Just because you're rendering something into food doesn't mean it should have to suffer.

But such measures cost money, and add to the cost of the final product. I'm surprised nobody has developed a "cruelty-free slaughterhouse", where the cows have happy, healthy lives, and are killed in conditions that are swift, painless, and unexpected. Then charge 2x-3x more for the meat than normal. Some folks will go for it, probably enough to sustain a business.
          We have those out here in Northern California. I forget the technical name for it, but my friend calls it "happy beef".
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

I think they remind me of the Iberian hordes in Rome Total War.
            "Truth against the world" - Eire

Comment

Re: What do you think of bullfighting?

Originally posted by Lancer
              What about 'the running of the bulls'?

While I think bullfighting is barbaric I think the running of the bulls is ok.

In bullfighting the bull has no choice but to be there and usually get killed. In the running of the bulls the bulls are unhurt but the people who might get killed have a choice whether to be there or not.

I've heard the Spanish rip the heads off chickens, the charmers.

What's wrong with the Spanish?
              I'd rather watch a good street fight lol.

Comment

Working...
              X