What do you think of bullfighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Winston
    Great minds think alike. Only some incredibly great minds think a few years in advance of others.

Bullfighting
    Huh, this should be 'Bullfighting II', the return. However that would apply to many subjects. Helps to be senile, it's all new.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yours is new and improved, since the Spanish haven't spotted it yet, and what's more, it's post-Giancarlo.

Comment

Hmm, I wonder if he could be RobiCon
        Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Portguese bullfighting (they don't kill the bull)
          everyone else's bullfighting (they kill the bull, even if he wins)
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Could be.

Hello there,

I see you are discussing Helicopters. Perhaps I can be of some assistance.

Comment

What do I think of torturing any higher intelligence life form, like say, a bovine? I think its barbaric and criminal.

Comment

Any try to figure out why the bulls are fighting? Can't they all just get along?
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                2004 Presidential Candidate
                2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Bull and bear fights would be more interesting.

Bear and man with bowie knife would be real interesting, and fair.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                    What do I think of torturing any higher intelligence life form, like say, a bovine? I think its barbaric and criminal.
                    Hmm.

Bovine? Intelligent?

Anyone who's been near a cow for any length of time would have no problem adjusting his view of that
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Cows are the most stupid creature on earth. Except for Mobius.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I recall that the bulls killed in the ring are used for food afterwards also, and command a high price too.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369

Hmm.

Bovine? Intelligent?

Anyone who's been near a cow for any length of time would have no problem adjusting his view of that
                          Cows are intelligent relative to the majority of life one earth.

I love beef by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                            Portguese bullfighting (they don't kill the bull)
                            everyone else's bullfighting (they kill the bull, even if he wins)
                            Portuguese bullfighting is exactly the same as everyone else´s bulflighting including the tortures and such. The only difference is that they dont kill the bull in public but at the bullring stables a second after it leaves the arena, to hipocritally protect "public sensibility" and to please some fools.
                            Last edited by Thorgal; July 28, 2006, 05:38.
                            Ich bin der Zorn Gottes. Wer sonst ist mit mir?

Comment

It's not the killing of the bull that I find to be objectionable. (MmmmMmmMmmm hamburger )

It's the people who view this killing as a spectator sport. WTF??

Comment

Agreed. Finding entertainment value in images of the death and destruction of helpless creatures is sick. Now let's all return to CNN's continuous coverage of the events in Lebanon. It's very important that we be informed each time a civilian infant has his face burnt off by a bomb. Especially if they have full-color footage that really conveys the impact of the scene.

EDIT: wait, are there non-civilian infants? I'm stupid, throw rocks at me.
                                1011 1100
                                Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Working...
                                X