Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of bullfighting?

What about 'the running of the bulls'?

While I think bullfighting is barbaric I think the running of the bulls is ok.

In bullfighting the bull has no choice but to be there and usually get killed. In the running of the bulls the bulls are unhurt but the people who might get killed have a choice whether to be there or not.

I've heard the Spanish rip the heads off chickens, the charmers.

What's wrong with the Spanish?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

They have low self-esteem.

Around 1970, bull fighting was on one of the UHF television channels here.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I like bull fighting I got to watch a bull fatelywound a matador in Mexico...... Go Bull! Then I went and had a hamburger afterwards.....
      "Our words are backed with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!"​​

Comment

I don't think anyone should engage animals in death sports (or trophy hunting) unless the sportsman has a 50/50 chance of dying or being severely maimed. Even then I would feel bad for the poor animals (not their fault some asshole human thinks it would be exciting to fight them), but at least there's an even chance of the animal winning. And if the animal wins it should receive some kind of accolade & reward.

Comment

Like? What do you get for a wild animal that kills a human? A toaster?

I agree with your feeling for the animals. Not sure about animals that are taken for food though. I honestly don't have a problem with a hunter shooting a deer to feed his family. It's animal abuse that bothers me.

Comment

How about animals that abuse Lancer?

Comment

I've eaten more animals than have eaten me, so far.

Comment

I was once eaten by a white whale.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                  Like? What do you get for a wild animal that kills a human? A toaster?

I agree with your feeling for the animals. Not sure about animals that are taken for food though. I honestly don't have a problem with a hunter shooting a deer to feed his family. It's animal abuse that bothers me.
                  Hence my singling out of trophy hunting. Hunting for food is acceptable, in many ways more preferable to buying steaks at the market. It's when people choose to kill animals for fun and excitement that I get pissed.

Comment

Comment

Seriously I was eaten by a white whale.

Comment

Thorn is Pinocchio's daddy??

I'm not a big fan of modern bullfighting. It seems like a way to slowing torture a bull until it because too weak from blood to put up much of a fight. Then they kill it.

But the ol' fashioned bull fighting like they did on ancient Crete -- that was cool. They'd let the bull charge, grab it by its horns, a do a flip over the back of the bull. The bull lives the bullfighter lives (probably) and everyone's happy.

Comment

Great minds think alike. Only some incredibly great minds think a few years in advance of others.

Bullfighting

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                            Thorn is Pinocchio's daddy??
                            Its from the book Moby Dick , Captian Ahab you ass

Comment

Originally posted by Thorn
                              Its from the book Moby Dick , Captian Ahab you ass
                              But Ahab didn't get eaten. He got tangled up in the harboon lines and essentially was tied to Moby Dick's side, with one arm flopping free like it was waiving.

BTW: Did you notice the phallic imagery implied the invoking of Pinocchio character?

Comment

Working...
                              X