When do you say thats it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donegeal
    I know you guys will never believe me (just like you won't believe that there are no citation quotas), but the department that issues the citation sees very little of the money from the fine.
    how would you know? I challenge your authority on this . . . .

Comment

The next time you get a ticket, ask the clerk at the desk where you pay it where the money goes. All those people who procees the fines have to get paid. File numbers get made, records get kept. Judges, Public Defenders, the very clerk your paying all need to get paid. Yes they get paid by local, county and state budgets, but the fines go into the pool that pays all that (just like taxes).
      Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Usually, ticket fines go into the general fund of the state, county or city involved. This increases the general fund, and some of those funds go to the enforceing agency.

Problems can arise though in small entities such as Florence Oregon. There, everyone in city government knows everyone else, and everyone helps out everyone else...so the mentality is, let's build up city funds by soaking the tourists.

Comment

And Florence Oregon has that large of a tourist industry?

I've never heard of the place...
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

You have to be in your mid-50's to think of it that way.

ACK!
            Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, they did until they ticked off Mrs. T.

I blush for your ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

Well, they did until they ticked off Mrs. T.

I blush for your ignorance.
                Tell him it's like Florence, Italy without the Italians..... And black people, and hispanics and people under 30......

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The one before that got me a 282 dollar ticket for following to close , I was trying to pass in a legal passing zone. the cop pulled me over for following to close... I told him i was trying to pass this guy and well in order to pass i aasume u need to get close enough to go around him. I dont know but i think im a target in oregon cause i got out of state plates. Has anyone else got bogus tickets????
                  following too close

Wait, you're EVER allowed in an oncoming lane? Not in Virginia, AFAIK...
                  I rarely do this

But I believe it is legal as long as there is no solid line dividing the lanes. of course it is okay if there is a 2mph farm truck, or an obstruction ... but I believe it's also okay to pass an ordinary vehicle.

Now, that's kind of hokey because in a lot of places they just don't put the hardcore paint down, for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                    Wait, you're EVER allowed in an oncoming lane? Not in Virginia, AFAIK...

Not on a divided highway, no. But on rural roads and highways, in most of the U.S., you can pass a vehical going too slow, on the left, into the oncoming lane, provided the median line is dashed and not solid. And no oncoming traffic is a given.
                    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

ok here was the deal for the one following to close, i wasnt following to close but trying to pass. As che said thats they way it is done. i was trying to get away from to ididots that had been meswsing with each other for 10 miles now. they managed to get me in the midddle and i was trying to pass idiot number one since idiot number two was behind me. both oregion plates and i wanted sway from them both they kept passing each other then slowing down to stop the other from passing etc etc. i ended in the middle and said enough idiot number one was slowing down to keep up with idiot numbe r2
                      by the time i was in a legal way to pass cop pulls from god knows were
                      Lancer u know the rd im sure its hwy 20 not a lot of wide passing lanes there. so any way cop passes idiot number two who slows down and gets behind me to pull me over
                      When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                      "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                      Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

Im pulled over on a bridge cause thats the only wide enough space
                        I get a lecture bout following try to explian im passing cause of idiots 1 and 2
                        im told i need to pull over and take a potty break so i tell cop where was i supposed to do that there is no room and how do u suggest i pee? not likei can whip it out and hit a tree. then he said well then u should have puled over and let the kids stretch legs so i say uh no its a two laner no shoulders wide enough and im not letting my kids out of this truck its not safe. i then get fiels doberity test cause truck smells like beer i tell cop u will find a case of empty beer cans in the back he asked why isaid we were at a lake yesterday on the 4th and had a few beers you guys charge 5 cents a can im not throwing my money in the trash. passed the test. got felt up (searced) and my truck to.
                        He then proceeded to search my travel bag. he pulled out a caculator and asked me if he was gonna find anything illegal i said in there i dont know he smells it and asked me what is it cause its a calculator with a cover on it.. So after being there for 45 minutes im tired and frustrated i tell him well we in texas call them calculators and they arent illegalso he says maam im trying to help you here i said sir you giving me a hard time, and i like to be on my way. he already gave me the ticket for following so my smart ass mouth wasntt he reason for that. any way thats the jist of that one
                        When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.

Comment

the sticker ticket was cause he couldnt find valid registration cause of no sticker on the plate
                          i said they are on the windshield he said well even so there sould at least be a month sticker on the plate i said no im sorry we dont do that anymore either. im on my way to work its 625 am so basicly he asks for my registrsation course i dont have the current paper int he truck so i give him last years bu the stickwers serve as proof of registration. cant find insurance and i figure great ticket for no insurance well nope he didnt seem to care bout the insurance but gavwe me ticket for the stickers i guess i wasted his time after he found out the truck was valid and registered

Comment

Truck smells like beer and has kids in it. Cop did what he should have done in this case.

Comment

got felt up (searced) and my truck to.
                              You must be quite good looking. (I'm sure it wasn't the booze in the backseat that did it)

Comment

you guys charge 5 cents a can im not throwing my money in the trash.

Comment

Working...
                                X