Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When do you say thats it???

Originally posted by Mrs. Tuberski
    ... i think im a target in oregon cause i got out of state plates. Has anyone else got bogus tickets????
    I agree. Lots of cops target out-of-state drivers because they are usually gone by the time their hearing come up, so (a) the don't fight the ticket and (b) it's an easy source of revenue.

I learned the hard way never to park in Santa Barbara, California if you don't have a front license plate.

Comment

Zkrib, can't she hire a lawyer to appear for her if she's out of state?
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Yes she can....but paying the ticket is far cheaper.

Comment

Bummer

Comment

Re: Re: Re: When do you say thats it???

Originally posted by Lancer
            Another question for the texas state cops, is there a statute of limitations on tickets? Will they vanish in 7 years?
            Actually, this is a two-part question:

(1) the statute of limitations on the government to bring a court action to enforce the ticket. IIRC, in Calif. that's ten years (but as a practical matter, it's usually taken care of in a few weeks).

(2) Once the court renders a judgment, how long is the judgment good for? In California it's 10 years, renewable for another 10 years.

Comment

Sooo, 20 years Zkrib? That's fine. Mrs T could still retire to Oregon someday.

Comment

Re: Re: When do you say thats it???

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                MRT, if Tuber doesn't hunt you down and kick your ass, consider yourself fortunate.
                Why would I? Just because that's how he gets out of tickets, doesn't mean eveybody does......

Besides, why would I waste time and money hunting down someone that isn't worth going to jail over?

ACK!
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: When do you say thats it???

Originally posted by Tuberski

Why would I? Just because that's how he gets out of tickets, doesn't mean eveybody does......

Besides, why would I waste time and money hunting down someone that isn't worth going to jail over?

ACK!

Comment

Tuber. The voice of reason in an insane world.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I was taught that when you pass, you are supposed to get up as close as possible behind the person before making the pass, so as to minimize the amount of time you are in the oncoming lane. You were also supposed to move back into your own lane as soon as you were clear. Maybe things have changed.

As for the stickers, that one you should be able to fight. It's a Texas plate with Texas stickers, and so it should be displayed according to Texas law.
                      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

This guy was going for easy bucks. Hit the out-of-state people who likely won't fight it in court. I still say blow them off.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Wait, you're EVER allowed in an oncoming lane? Not in Virginia, AFAIK...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                            This guy was going for easy bucks. Hit the out-of-state people who likely won't fight it in court. I still say blow them off.

Noooooo! Fight them; don't ignore them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              Wait, you're EVER allowed in an oncoming lane? Not in Virginia, AFAIK...
                              Say you're cruising down a two-land country road and you come up behind a slow moving farm vehicle. After 10 miles of slogging along at 7 mph, what do you do??

Comment

I know you guys will never believe me (just like you won't believe that there are no citation quotas), but the department that issues the citation sees very little of the money from the fine.
                                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Working...
                                X