The end of American democracy may be near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming

I don't think anybody in Chicago has denied that serious vote fraud happens elsewhere... but it has to be pointed out every time people make the silly claim that only Republicans cheat... That's just a joke

And as far as national elections go... can you say Kennedy
    I am not sure anybody has said only Republicans cheat, only that they cheated recently, and in the high profile Presidential election.

Are you happy with vote fraud as long as it's your side that wins?
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
      Rah. Democrats are as guilty of voter fraud from redistricing, to miscounting to illegal exclusions as Repulicans. Republicans have just had alot more sucess doing it latley.
      Sorry, I live in Chicago where the Democrats win this distinction every election. So "lately" is similar for both parties.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader
        Are you happy with vote fraud as long as it's your side that wins?
        Oh please...
        Of course not... I don't like vote fraud period.

I'm just a little tired of all the implications that many people make that the Republicans are the only ones that do it... or that they do it more.

The facts are simple, both parties do it... so enough with the "we are better than you because you cheat more crap"... Both parties do it whenever they can, as much as they can, and they both suck for doing so.

I don't buy into the "holier than thou" attitude of some people...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Garth Vader

I am not sure anybody has said only Republicans cheat, only that they cheated recently, and in the high profile Presidential election.
          Can you say with certainty that the Dem's didn't cheat in the presidential election. Or definitive proof that anybody did?
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

People (including mods) managing to keep their heads level

Comment

Originally posted by rah

Can you say with certainty that the Dem's didn't cheat in the presidential election. Or definitive proof that anybody did?
              Maybe the Dems did try to cheat. I'd like to see questionable results for either side investigated by impartial or outside parties. The perps need to face severe consequences as well. But there needs to be outrage from both sides, directed at both sides.

I thought this was a pretty good article detailing irregularities, but is anybody going to investigate or do anything to keep it from happening again...
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Yeah, I'm never happy when I hear about this type of stuff and I wish the followup was considerably more.
                Now if we could rig it that an independent wins one, maybe both parties would work together to try to resolve it.

Until they're thoroughly investigated and tried, they're just allegations. There have been a lot of allegations over the years in Chicago.

Of course, since it's rare when the winners whine, the group in power is usually the one that takes heat.
                So, Nationally that would be the repugnants and locally (for us) the denyocrats.

AND the best cheaters never get caught by definition.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The end of American democracy may be near
                  Was the start of it ever close?
                  So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                  Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

That reminds me -- I haven't read Goats in quite some time.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X