The end of American democracy may be near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The end of American democracy may be near

It is hard to call. It is far from definite, but it is possible.

In the midterm and presidential elections.... the democrats would win. There is no way the Republicans are going to keep the senate. Unless a total idiot is fielded, it seems likley the democrats would win the presidency.

Have you watched fox news, or any conservative media sources in the last week?

"WORLD WAR 3! WORLD WAR 3! THE SKY IS FALLING!"

There is no threat of world war 3. Israel is going to wipe the floor with Lebanon and no other countries are going to get involved. This is an entirely contained conflict, anyone who says otherwise is pandering for political reasons.

However this does not stop the Republicans fear mongering. Many Americans have the idiot and untrue notion that Republicans are strong on national defense and Democrats are weak. Depending on how long it takes for Israel to stop ***** slapping Lebannon, this can be a campaign issue.

Almost 7 years of Republican rule have ruined our economy, stretched our military and stripped us of many of our freedoms and resulted in massive election fraud on numerous levels. I am not confident for what else will be done in 4 years to further strip us of our freedoms and tighten their stranglehold on out country. Trying to repeal the voting rights act? Electronic voting machines which make rigging an election(an already easy task) even easier?

Discuss.
    Last edited by Vesayen; July 18, 2006, 14:11.

Republicans For Voldemort

Comment

Re: The end of American democracy may be near

Originally posted by Vesayen
      Unless a total idiot is fielded, it seems likley the democrats would have won the presidency.
      Fixed. Also, What part of the real life time line are you talking about?

Comment

What do you mean? We've got the best democracy money can buy!

Not sure how much turnover there's going to be - it's hard to unseat an incumbent, whatever his party.

Fearmongering worked last election. Not to mention stuff going on in Republican-controlled states to make it hard for voters in largely Democratic areas to vote.
        Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
        Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
        One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Histrionics make me feel like a big man.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I blame Woody Allen
            Long time member @ Apolyton
            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Comment

Compare and contrast.

"You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

stipulating that massive vote fraud is just a republican thing is quite niave. The rest of the comments strike a similar belief.
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I am not claiming something as ridiculous as hearing from prophecies from my belly button lint. You can look at the past, present circumstances and attempt to predict what is possible to occur.

When you go to sleep you predict the sun will rise tommorow. It is a matter of degree. I said what is possible, not what will happen-I did not even say it was more likley then not to occur.

Comment

Rah. Democrats are as guilty of voter fraud from redistricing, to miscounting to illegal exclusions as Repulicans. Republicans have just had alot more sucess doing it latley.

Comment

The contrast, actually, is that Thorn's prediction has a far greater chance of being correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                          The contrast, actually, is that Thorn's prediction has a far greater chance of being correct.
                          It's not like he didn't warn us.
                          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

The contrast is your a troll who takes ever possible opportunity to insult me.

*throws some fecal matter across the board towards Jaguar*

This could potentially give the Republicans enough to campaign on to hold onto the senate and the presidency.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                              The contrast is your a troll who takes ever possible opportunity to insult me.
                              It's a fair cop.

Comment

Working...
                              X