No announcement yet.

The end of American democracy may be near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is no more implausible then saying Bush would run on national security issues(and nothing else) in 2004.

Guess what, it happened!

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
      The contrast is your a troll who takes ever possible opportunity to insult me.
      Contrast this sentence with one that uses the word contrast - or any other aspect of the English language, for that matter - correctly.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: The end of American democracy may be near

Almost 7 years of Republican rule have... stripped us of many of our freedoms
        I hear this quite a lot. Exactly how are you less free today than 6 years ago, Ves? Aside from carrying knives onto airplanes, what can't YOU do today that you could back in 2000?

Comment

My library records are subject to inspection by the federal goverment without warrant.

My phone conversations are subject to inspection by the federal goverment without warrant.

My financial information is subject to inspection by the federal goverment without warrant.

My right to privacy has been torn to hell.

The first ones which come to mind, there are plenty of others, need I list more?
          Last edited by Vesayen; July 18, 2006, 15:18.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            stipulating that massive vote fraud is just a republican thing is quite niave.
            There was a puch in California to adopt electronic voting machines. ...Then in came out that the guy who owned the company that made them was a HUGE GOP doner and a right-wing crazy. He doesn't sound like the kind of guy I want counting my vote.

Comment

This could potentially give the Republicans enough to campaign on to hold onto the senate and the presidency.
              Republican control over the voting machines is enough to hold on to what they have.
              Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar

It's a fair cop.
                How'd you know I was going to show my face here?

Donegeal looks around the thread.

And ves is claiming others are being trolls?!?!

Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Only if people like you vote.

Comment

The end of American Democracy near? Impossible, since we haven't even elected a President since 1996. The Owellians saying it's the end of democracy, means that we may get it back.
                    Last edited by realpolitic; July 18, 2006, 18:24.

Comment

[SIZE=1]

Have you watched fox news, or any conservative media sources in the last week?
                      I'd rather keep my sanity

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
                        Republicans For Voldemort
                        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          stipulating that massive vote fraud is just a republican thing is quite niave. The rest of the comments strike a similar belief.
                          It's impossible to convince a Chicagoan that there's serious voter fraud outside Chicago. Whoop de doo, so there's vote fraud in Chicago. Illinois is so solidly in the Democratic camp that any vote fixing is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. (At least as far as national elections are concerned, locally that's another story.) Massive disenfanchisment of Black people in Florida changed the course of history in 2000, and possibly the same thing in Ohio in 2004 did the same.

Given the massive ineptitude that the Democratic Party shows in running campaigns, it would be rather foolish to assume that they are then capable of carrying out successful vote fraud without getting caught.

I'm ignoring legal fraud, like Gerrymandering.
                          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I suspect this may be true, but probably not for the reasons you think.

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                              It's impossible to convince a Chicagoan that there's serious voter fraud outside Chicago. Whoop de doo, so there's vote fraud in Chicago. Illinois is so solidly in the Democratic camp that any vote fixing is like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic. (At least as far as national elections are concerned, locally that's another story.)
                              I don't think anybody in Chicago has denied that serious vote fraud happens elsewhere... but it has to be pointed out every time people make the silly claim that only Republicans cheat... That's just a joke

And as far as national elections go... can you say Kennedy
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by realpolitic
                                The end of American Democracy near? Impossible, since we haven't even elected a President since 1996. The Orwellians saying it's the end of democracy, means that we may get it back.
                                Make that since 1960. The republicans don't need no "stinking" machines to commit fraud, neither do the democrats. However, it would be easier for all concerned to let everybody vote, thinking they are going to affect the outcome, then rejigger the machines. Currently, the distasteful process of disqualifying people or shorting busy districts voting machines makes the masses (i.e., us) too suspicious.
                                No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
                                "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Working...
                                X