"what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DanS
    No. That's part of the Lebanese gov't's portfolio.
    You know well how Lebanon looks. It's divided and weak. And I see no reason to forbid Lebaneese people right of fighting against occupation of their country, if their gouverment does not do anything against it.
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Heresson

You know well how Lebanon looks. It's divided and weak. And I see no reason to forbid Lebaneese people right of fighting against occupation of their country, if their gouverment does not do anything against it.
      What occupation of Lebanon?
      "I read a book twice as fast as anybody else. First, I read the beginning, and then I read the ending, and then I start in the middle and read toward whatever end I like best." - Gracie Allen

Comment

• Israel occupies Shebaa farms, important because of of water resources. It claims it is part of Syria, though Syria claims it is not
        Middle East!

Comment

• Originally posted by Edan

U.S. Plan Seeks to Wedge Syria From Iran
          USA blocked inviting Syrians and Iranians to a conference about Israel agression on Lebanon in Rome.

Meanwhile, Syria stated that it will not stay arm-folded if Israelis enter Lebanon and get 20 miles away from Damascus (Damascus is located over Lebaneese boarder).
          Middle East!

Comment

Well, they didn't actually fight the syrian occupation of their country, and they for certain hasn't fougth hizb control of southern libanon - why should they start fight because a foreign country starts to destroy a private army inside their boarders ? That is a foreign country that is attacked by forces sited in their country - something that they are supposed to prevent.
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
              It's become a matter of principle like when the UK refused to speak to the IRA until they renounced violence.

Actually, the original demand by the Brits was that the IRA disarm and disband, and then the Brits would agree to negotiate. Why is it that other states always demand the complete surrender of the other side before they begin to negotiate to do what they should have done before violence broke out? And who believes they're actually gonna do it. If there were no violence in Gaza, Israel would claim that the negros were perfectly happy being slaves that the Palestinians weer perfectly happy with occupation.

When Serbia does it, its genocide. When Israel does it, it's legitimate self defense.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                why should they start fight because a foreign country starts to destroy a private army inside their boarders ?
                Because the foreign army is destroying their country, unlike the other two armies.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by DanS
                  I consider it only a little. This was a clear cause for war.
                  If someone only dated your daughter "a little" under this definition, she'd be getting raped.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
                    Rice had a press confrence on Friday where she said they wanted Syria to stop supplying weapons to Hezbollah before they'd agree to any direct talks. It's become a matter of principle like when the UK refused to speak to the IRA until they renounced violence.
                    ...even though the US granted Gerry Adams, leader of Sinn Fein, which is linked to the IRA, a visa before the IRA had come to renounce violence or even declared cease-fire. A move that quite likely spurred a peace-process that was still in its infancy.
                    DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Because the foreign army is destroying their country, unlike the other two armies.
                      Sorry, I really missed that point - of course the syrian occupation and following rule by puppeteer was of cause just for the benefit of the lebanes people. Likewise with hizb in south lebanon - they just figurede out that the lebanese government wasn't able to control the area, so just out of kindness they took control.

Che, I actually thought that you had some brain - what do you think is worse - destroying some bridgres and other infrastructures or controlling the political menage and a third of the country ?
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackCat
                        That is a foreign country that is attacked by forces sited in their country - something that they are supposed to prevent.
                        Lebanon does not recognise Israel as a state, so it is not a "foreign state" for it.
                        And Israel occupies lebaneese territory, so actually Lebanon has more reason to be angry with Israel than the other way round.
                        Middle East!

Comment

Lebanon does not recognise Israel as a state, so it is not a "foreign state" for it.
                          Lebanon government has of course the right to live in lala land, but by choosing so, they shouldn't complain when the real world knocks on their door.

And Israel occupies lebaneese territory, so actually Lebanon has more reason to be angry with Israel than the other way round.
                          I guess that you are referring to that area that noone knows to whom it belongs. If I were the Lebanese government I would be much more worried about the fact that a private army controls a third of the country. Unless, of course, I use it to hide this fact.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

• You know well how Lebanon looks. It's divided and weak.
                            I know well how Lebanon works, but that doesn't give Hizballah any standing whatsoever in our international system. The Lebanese gov't is the only relevant authority.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Isn't occupation of part of lebaneese territory a clear cause for Hizb Allah's (notabene irresponsible) behaviour?
                              The UN recognizes Israel as having completely withdrawn from Lebanon, and having gone back to the international border.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                                Originally posted by Oerdin
                                It's become a matter of principle like when the UK refused to speak to the IRA until they renounced violence.

Actually, the original demand by the Brits was that the IRA disarm and disband, and then the Brits would agree to negotiate. Why is it that other states always demand the complete surrender of the other side before they begin to negotiate to do what they should have done before violence broke out? And who believes they're actually gonna do it. If there were no violence in Gaza, Israel would claim that the negros were perfectly happy being slaves that the Palestinians weer perfectly happy with occupation.

When Serbia does it, its genocide. When Israel does it, it's legitimate self defense.

When did the IRA call for the destruction of the United Kingdom?

When did the Kosovo Liberation Army call for the destruction of Serbia?

Let Hamas and Hezbollah recognize Israels right to exist, and Israel can negotiate with them. As Israel negotiated with the PLO (not that that worked out all that well)
                                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                                X