No announcement yet.

"what they need to do is get Syria to get Hezbollah to stop..."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting series of pictures: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/spl/h...age/html/1.stm
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
      I realize it is wikipedia, so I apologize, but there is a cite in wiki to the report:

The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations assigned to investigate the scandal has also concluded that

"The United States (government) was not only aware of Iraqi oil sales which violated UN sanctions and provided the bulk of the illicit money Saddam Hussein obtained from circumventing UN sanctions. On occasion, the United States actually facilitated the illicit oil sales."

The report also found that individuals and companies in the United States accounted for 52% of all oil-voucher kickbacks paid to Saddam Hussein. The largest of these recipients, Houston based Bayoil and its CEO, Bay Chalmers have been indicted by the US Department of Justice for their actions.
      I think I would need to review the underlying Senate report, which was not linked to that article. The reason is that for long stretches of time, US companies bought the majority of oil under the program. The simple process of buying the oil may be construed as "providing the bulk of the money" under some folks' view of the world. The US was buying the oil almost up to the day of the invasion, so some folks may even say that the US knew about the kickbacks, but did nothing.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Yesterday, Sunday, CNN has reported that Iran had given Helbollah up to one hundred million dollars in 2005 to fight Israel. If Iran stop the funding, Helbollah, they would be in big trouble overnight.

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Evidently, Bush doesn't agree with you.
          That would be a point in Herreson's favor.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

People still care what this idiot thinks?

If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by DanS

Evidently, Bush doesn't agree with you.
              ****er
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Heresson, was that a bad word you used?
                Long time member @ Apolyton
                Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Why is it that Apolyton censors language that most people use, including heads of state? The owners have imposed a priggish nanny-tech regime which puts Poly in a fifties 'happy days' mentality, far behind the norms in popular culture, including music and TV in most countries, and cable in the US.

Message to Markos and Dan: Cut the b*u*l*l*s*h*i*t and end the silly censorship by the language bot!
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Message to Markos and Dan: Use of Inappropiate language does not achieve anything and therefore should remain censored. Kep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                      People still care what this idiot thinks?

"this idiot" refers to me or to Bush?
                      Middle East!

Comment

I'm certain Bush was meant. Relax Heresson
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by trev
                          Message to Markos and Dan: Use of Inappropiate language does not achieve anything and therefore should remain censored. Kep up the good work!
                          A lot of insulting here goes without uncensural words.
                          Middle East!

Comment

H

t

Comment

t = tecumseh or trev?
                              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

trev. Bad language might be considered bad manners and not appropriate for fine society, but it's nothing compared to some forms of subtle insult educated people use.

Comment

Working...
                                X