• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthy
      Get drunk.
      now that would be acting like a teenager. I'm too mature for that. . I'd rather just spam poly.

Comment

Only teenagers are virgins.

Comment

Only teenagers are virgins.
          You're an *******, you know?

This is exactly the kind of comment that sinks the self-esteem of quite a few people. You may criticize KH for his arrogance, but as soon as it comes to sex, you reek of it
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I was a virgin until late 19 so this is mere self-irony but

Comment

well you beat 20 didn't you? So your point stands.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                well you beat 20 didn't you? So your point stands.
                I'm 25, and my sex life lasted about 2 years (started at 22 at that). If I hadn't worked quite extensively to sort out my self-esteem problems, I'd still be feeling horrible about it.

And I know we have people here with these self-esteem problems, and no matter how Ecthy intends his "jokes" on sexuality, they are a consistent put down.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

But it's empty. The status of virgin/non-virgin in itself says nothing about interpersonal skills and stuff. I mean there are reasons why different people have different amounts of success in this field, and these reasosn should be looked on rather than virgin status or number of partners.

Which is equally empty: a guy might have had sex with 17 women, once each, because he knows how t bull**** people. At the same time he might be totally unable to build a relationship, or even friendship with people.

All this number of partners / age of initiation talk is so superficial. Is it a product of the Anglp-American trait to look on life in a structured and conceptualized way?

Comment

But it's empty. The status of virgin/non-virgin in itself says nothing about interpersonal skills and stuff. I mean there are reasons why different people have different amounts of success in this field, and these reasosn should be looked on rather than virgin status or number of partners.

Which is equally empty: a guy might have had sex with 17 women, once each, because he knows how t bull**** people. At the same time he might be totally unable to build a relationship, or even friendship with people.

All this number of partners / age of initiation talk is so superficial. Is it a product of the Anglp-American trait to look on life in a structured and conceptualized way?
                    QFT

This is absolutely true.

But keep in mind that, as a social norm, quite a few people have interiorised that one should strive for sex. And they lose self-esteem because they can't get any.

When you joke about it, remember that you'll hear many times the exact same things said seriously. And as such, you might end up repeating the norm, despite you opposing it.

Comment

I know the sentiment, there are people here whose talk does the same on me, at times.

Comment

Yeah, but at least he's gotten some action :P

Comment

Yeah but less than I did with 2 women over a long period of time each

Comment

And if you've had neither, then how are you supposed to feel?

Comment

Horny.

Comment

Great thread, Dis!
                                “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                                "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Working...
                                X