Okay, time to restrict voting rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vesayen
    People who are apathetic and uncaring, should not vote...
    That's not really a problem here... the apathetic and uncaring usually don't vote
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
      Not EDUCATED voters, CARING voters. People who are apathetic and uncaring, should not vote because they do not understand the choice they are making. EVEN THE MILDLY RETARDED could pass this test.
      I'd imagine that your 50% abstention figure does mean that the apathetic don't vote.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yeah, hell, if the apathetic ARE voting, I hate to see what the turnout numbers will be when they aren't .
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I was born in fscking Alabama, spent 9 years in Nashville. Northern Virginia (NOT part of the South) is infinitely better than either. Both sucked.
          Virginia isn't part of the South? Wow, thats interesting... its also interesting that a northern state would have become the flagship state of the Confederacy.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Depends on what you like I guess...

I live just South of Nashville and have found things to be preferable to just about anywhere I have ever been.
            You might be a redneck if...

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Yeah, hell, if the apathetic ARE voting, I hate to see what the turnout numbers will be when they aren't .
              Look at the turn out for local elections held in a year with no Congressional/Presidential elections, that would give you an idea

Virginia isn't part of the South? Wow, thats interesting... its also interesting that a northern state would have become the flagship state of the Confederacy.
              I think he's trying to say that Northern Virginia is basically a suburb of Washington, DC now.
              "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
              -Joan Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                Northern Virginia isn't part of the South. Richmond, on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

Northern Virginia isn't part of the South. Richmond, on the other hand...
                  If you had ever lived in the real North, you would realize just how southern "NOVA" is. Even DC and MD are pretty much southern. Sure, it might be less southern than, say, Georgia - but less southern is still southern.

Take it from a New Englander.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyCracksCorn
                    Even DC and MD are pretty much southern.
                    It's true. Once you move outside of Montgomery County (where I live) or Baltimore, you're in the South. Frederick, which is north of Montgomery County, is more Southern.
                    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

That's not really a problem here... the apathetic and uncaring usually don't vote
                      Its about degrees of apathy. The current degree is too high, we need to cut it down so people too apathetic ti know anything about politics should not vote, as opposed to the current method which is people who do not care, do not vote.

Originally posted by Spiffor

I'd imagine that your 50% abstention figure does mean that the apathetic don't vote.

See above.

Comment

Working...
                      X