Okay, time to restrict voting rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
    And the richest areas of the South. The people from the slums try to go with the rich folk are to get the table scraps. Everywhere else in the South, everyone is poor, so why try to get any table scraps .
    Umm...actually, The county I live in has one of the highest per capita incomes in the country. And fortunately it is not any where near the high crime rate that the yankees have bestowed on Atlanta...along with the poverty they have inspired along with it.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

*Imran points to Buckhead

Five star restaurants, world famous clubs, theater, etc. all without landed gentry
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

The county I live in has one of the highest per capita incomes in the country.

NOVA beats you

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

Umm...actually, The county I live in has one of the highest per capita incomes in the country.
          Mine is higher, nya nya nya
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

*Imran points to Buckhead

Five star restaurants, world famous clubs, theater, etc. all without landed gentry
            Landed Gentry?

Hello! 20th Century Now!

You really don't know much about the modern South, do you?
            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

[q=Plato]Landed Gentry?

Hello! 20th Century Now!

You really don't know much about the modern South, do you?[/q]

Modern? South? Man, you've sure been indoctrinated. Actually, I'm quite happy they managed to get that telephone wire to your house so you could type on the magic box

Oh, and I don't know if you know it, but for the rest of the world, it's the 21st Century. Just saying .
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Modern? South? Man, you've sure been indoctrinated. Actually, I'm quite happy they managed to get that telephone wire to your house so you could type on the magic box
                Haha! Me too.

Did a little checking on per capita income. Williamson county Tennessee is #27 nationwide. We poor ole simple folk can sure buy us some grits now!

I do believe that one of us has been "indoctrinated" for sure.

Comment

And Franklin, Tennessee was a center of the plantation economy before the Civil War.

But sad you had to steal from your neighbors and the poor black people to gain your wealth .

Comment

And Franklin, Tennessee was a center of the plantation economy before the Civil War.

But sad you had to steal from your neighbors and the poor black people to gain your wealth .
                    Okay Braniac...check out the post Civil war poverty that came after the war. It was nearly 110 years after the war before Franklin recovered even to the prewar level of economic activity! The climate of skilled workers and productivity has catapulted this county ahead of many of the yankee counties that truly did build on colonial wealth. The yanks destroyed ours and created an environment that caused it to be a struggle to gain back. Yet, the South is becoming stronger everyday. Williamson County and Franklin have suceeded not because of the South's old wealth, but in spite of that wealth being destroyed.

Comment

Per capita income for states per 2000 census (Confederate states bolded):

1. Connecticut – $28,766

District of Columbia – $28,659

2. New Jersey – $27,006
                      3. Massachusetts – $25,952
                      4. Maryland – $25,614
                      5. Colorado – $24,049
                      6. Virginia – $23,975
                      7. New Hampshire – $23,844
                      8. New York – $23,389
                      9. Delaware – $23,305
                      10. Minnesota – $23,198
                      11. Illinois – $23,104
                      12. Washington – $22,973
                      13. California – $22,711
                      14. Alaska – $22,660
                      15. Michigan – $22,168
                      16. Nevada – $21,989
                      17. Rhode Island – $21,688

United States of America – $21,587

18. Florida – $21,557
                      19. Hawaii – $21,525
                      20. Wisconsin – $21,271
                      21. Georgia – $21,154
                      22. Ohio – $21,003
                      23. Oregon – $20,940
                      24. Pennsylvania – $20,880
                      25. Vermont – $20,625
                      26. Kansas – $20,506
                      27. Indiana – $20,397
                      28. North Carolina – $20,307
                      29. Arizona – $20,275
                      30. Missouri – $19,936
                      31. Iowa – $19,674
                      32. Texas – $19,617
                      33. Nebraska – $19,613
                      34. Maine – $19,533
                      35. Tennessee – $19,393
                      36. Wyoming – $19,134
                      37. South Carolina – $18,795
                      38. Alabama – $18,189
                      39. Utah – $18,185
                      40. Kentucky – $18,093
                      41. Idaho – $17,841
                      42. North Dakota – $17,769
                      43. Oklahoma – $17,646
                      44. South Dakota – $17,562
                      45. New Mexico – $17,261
                      46. Montana – $17,151
                      47. Louisiana – $16,912
                      48. Arkansas – $16,904
                      49. West Virginia – $16,477
                      50. Mississippi – $15,853

Puerto Rico – $8,185

--

That South sure look rich to me

Comment

Southern Virginia brings us down

Comment

Indeed...Further evidence of the barriers that were artificially put in place after the country was burned. I am sure you will agree that it is impressive how far some states have actually recovered.

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
                            Okay Braniac...check out the post Civil war poverty that came after the war. It was nearly 110 years after the war before Franklin recovered even to the prewar level of economic activity! The climate of skilled workers and productivity has catapulted this county ahead of many of the yankee counties that truly did build on colonial wealth. The yanks destroyed ours and created an environment that caused it to be a struggle to gain back. Yet, the South is becoming stronger everyday. Williamson County and Franklin have suceeded not because of the South's old wealth, but in spite of that wealth being destroyed.
                            I'm sure that the old money didn't matter. But you didn't even thank the slaves, I mean you just chased them out so that only 5% of the county is black today. That is no way to thank them for such hard work they put in to build up the economy. Just because they were a little poorer was no reason to tell them to hit the road and go to the ghettos up North or to Nashville and the such .

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                              I'm sorry Kuci . Unfortunately the rest of Georgia brings us in the Atlanta metro region down.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                                Indeed...Northern Virginia has 4 of the top 11 per capita income counties in the Country.

Comment

Working...
                                X