No announcement yet.

Okay, time to restrict voting rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yankees come to visit (and thus contribute to our economy) and damn yankees come to stay (and thus decrease our quality of life).

The South is fully capable of being much more than it is...it is the stereotypes that you often see on Apolyton that permeate our society and prevent many from considering the South as a viable alternative to do business in. If The South was to become its own country then it would suprise many of the naysayers that really know nothing of Southern culture and ways of life. Thus, we are an Occupied Country. While we exhibit the best in leadership in national politics, we fall below our potential due to the overwhelming mass of stereotype created by the unknowing yankees.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO
      yankees come to visit (and thus contribute to our economy) and damn yankees come to stay (and thus decrease our quality of life).

The South is fully capable of being much more than it is...it is the stereotypes that you often see on Apolyton that permeate our society and prevent many from considering the South as a viable alternative to do business in. If The South was to become its own country then it would suprise many of the naysayers that really know nothing of Southern culture and ways of life. Thus, we are an Occupied Country. While we exhibit the best in leadership in national politics, we fall below our potential due to the overwhelming mass of stereotype created by the unknowing yankees.
      Being an independant country would in no way erase irrational stereotypes of the South. If anything it would probably entrench them even further.

Comment

And, of course, the 'damn yankees' make the damn South (or traitor-ville, as I like to call it) livable and actually bring it closer to civilization.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Bush...from the South
          Clinton...from the South
          Bush...from the South
          Reagan...should have been from the South
          Carter...from the South
          Presidential Places of Birth
          George HW Bush -- Milton, Massachusetts
          Geroge W Bush -- New Haven, Connecticut
          Bill Clinton -- Hope, Arkansas
          Jimmy Carter -- Plains, Georgia
          Ronald Reagan -- Tampico, Illinois

So, uh, only the two Dems are ACTUALLY from the South.
          The recent GOP presidents are all carpetbaggers...
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

And Reagan never even lived in the South, so he isn't a carpetbagger, he's just good enough to make stupid people in the South think he's from there .
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              And Reagan never even lived in the South, so he isn't a carpetbagger, he's just good enough to make stupid people in the South think he's from there .
              Really? Never heard anybody around here say that.

oh and yankees make the South livable? That cracks me up!

Also, if the South was independent then others would begin to see the amazing talent of people that reside here and the many things they can contribute. As it is now, idiotic comments like "stupid people in the South" just continue the problem...
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                I support any plan than prevent Vesayen from ever voting.
                I agree with GePap

Comment

I was born in fscking Alabama, spent 9 years in Nashville. Northern Virginia (NOT part of the South) is infinitely better than either. Both sucked.

Comment

I never knew how bad Nashville was until I moved up here.

Comment

And Reagan never even lived in the South, so he isn't a carpetbagger.
                      Well, I was just documenting the list from the opening post. Reagan's political base was California, and he was certainly a longtime resident there before he started his political career.

But I have always found the Bushes self-portrayal as "Texans" to be laughable. Both from the northeast, old money, Ivy Leaguers.

Of course, they're not alone. Plenty of politicians have moved so that they could get elected -- some to find a constituency that agrees with their views, some to take advantage of an "opening" for their party.

No biggie, just politics as usual.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I was born in fscking Alabama, spent 9 years in Nashville. Northern Virginia (NOT part of the South) is infinitely better than either. Both sucked.
                        Depends on what you like I guess...

I live just South of Nashville and have found things to be preferable to just about anywhere I have ever been.

Comment

Sorry if the truth makes you laugh. The vast number of northerners in Atlanta, makes it the bastion of civilization in the South . Sure you have nice scenery in Tennessee, but nothing you can't get from a postcard .

Comment

NOVA rocks because it was taken over by yankees.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Sorry if the truth makes you laugh. The vast number of northerners in Atlanta, makes it the bastion of civilization in the South . Sure you have nice scenery in Tennessee, but nothing you can't get from a postcard .
                              yes...Atlanta has the biggest slums in the South.

Guess its all what you like...

Comment

And the richest areas of the South. The people from the slums try to go with the rich folk are to get the table scraps. Everywhere else in the South, everyone is poor, so why try to get any table scraps .

Comment

Working...
                                X