Okay, time to restrict voting rights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, time to restrict voting rights

To quote myself in another thread..... http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...70#post4489270

No, they know what their role is, they ignore it. The Republican congress and the Republican president have done SO MANY things which are morally questionable or flat out illegal I really am loosing track.... I try to form a mental list from time to time and loose track pretty quick.

They know their role, they ignore it for personal gain.

In this instance, they get to tow the party line and pretend to be patriots to DUMB **** HILLBILIES IN THE MIDWEST AND THE SOUTH WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OUR GOVERMENT.

We'd be better off if we broke America into 2 countries. We'd have the north east and most of the west coast and pacific north west as "The United States of America" and we can rename the rest "Jesusland"-not a name I've come up with, obviously. Since we now have a department devoted to the “homeland”(In soviet Russia, jokes make you!), we could just call it Blue America and Red America. Red America can be oppressed by the despots they so deserve and the rest of us can get on with protecting civil liberties and expanding our freedom.

This partisan bull**** has crossed all lines of sanity in the last 6 years and just gets WORSE and WORSE and ABSOLUTLEY NOTHING HAPPENS!

If you can't tell I AM PISSED OFF BECAUSE OUR GOVERMENT IS TURNING INTO A DESPOTIC PLUTOCRACY AND NO ONE IS ENRAGED BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE ARE TOO APATHETIC TO EVEN KNOW!!!!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    Lets just restrict voting rights. We'll have the fairest test in the world. Before you are able to vote for state senate or presidential elections you have to take a very, very brief test at poling sights. It will be the fairest test we could possibly have in this instance. Recite from memory any 10 non consecutive amendments to the constitution.

Do that and you can vote.

If you are too stupid to do that, or too apathetic, you do not get a say in our democracy.

Any average individual could learn that from scratch after at most, a days effort. Even the functionally retarded(who can vote), can learn that given the effort. Its less then one page of text.

If your too stupid to do it, you don't get to participate in our democracy.

If your too APATHETIC to do it(which will be the big issue) you don't get to participate in our democracy.

We'll also extend this rule to voting for primaries for political parties-which would actually not be illegal.

Anyone who runs for senate or the presidency has to be able to recite at least half the constitution(by word count) from memory.

There is my(impossible) perscription to save our democracy.

And as a last parting message because this needs to be said..... #### the Republicans.

I'll be back in about 30 minutes, going to go eat.

Sorry, America isn't as easily divisable as that.

It tends to divide along county lines, not state lines.

Urban counties--even in Dixie--tend to be Democratic; rural counties--even in California--tend to be Republican.

Comment

They'd still press for their inane flag burning ammendments. They aren't as stupid as you make them out to be they just have totally screwed up priorities.

Comment

So, in order to stop the GOP from restricting our liberties we must restrict them ourselves?
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

If it's so simple that stupid people can do it, then what's the point? Isn't the whole idea of a voting test usually to remove stupid people from the polls?
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Honestly, the only thing I really agree with in that OP is the statement, "**** the Republicans."

You did forget "**** the Democrats," though. And Poland. You forgot Poland.
            B♭3

Comment

No. No, no, no, no, no.

I'll stick with the representative government method, however flawed it may be. Creating a meritocracy by raising barriers to participation is antithetical to representational fairness. It's imperative that every person, no matter how stupid, have the right to vote.

Decisions are made by those who show up.

I trust dinner had a calming effect.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I support any plan than prevent Vesayen from ever voting.
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                  I support any plan than prevent Vesayen from ever voting.
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                    They'd still press for their inane flag burning ammendments. They aren't as stupid as you make them out to be they just have totally screwed up priorities.
                    I am not making them out to be stupid, they are not. They (hopefully) would not be in power.

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                    So, in order to stop the GOP from restricting our liberties we must restrict them ourselves?
                    A small sacrafice. We'll have an effective net gain in liberty in the end.

Comment

Re: Okay, #### the constitution, time to restrict voting rights

Originally posted by Vesayen
                      In this instance, they get to tow the party line and pretend to be patriots to DUMB **** HILLBILIES IN THE MIDWEST AND THE SOUTH WHO DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT OUR GOVERMENT.
                      Bush...from the South
                      Clinton...from the South
                      Bush...from the South
                      Reagan...should have been from the South
                      Carter...from the South

4 out of the last 5 President's have been from the South and the 5th is arguably more "Southern" than the rest.

Yet, we are a bunch of "Hillbilies" that "Don't know anything about our Government"?

Wake up! We are the F**king Government!!

Why do you think we get a net inflow of tax dollars? Because we are stupid?

Care to guess who controls your energy resources? Yep...It's dem hillbillies from the South.

Care to guess who controls your food? Yep, its doze hillbillies from the Midwest.

Maybe we'uns will let ya'll still vote for awhile...
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: Re: Okay, #### the constitution, time to restrict voting rights

Originally posted by PLATO

Bush...from the South
                        Clinton...from the South
                        Bush...from the South
                        Reagan...should have been from the South
                        Carter...from the South

4 out of the last 5 President's have been from the South and the 5th is arguably more "Southern" than the rest.

Yet, we are a bunch of "Hillbilies" that "Don't know anything about our Government"?

Wake up! We are the F**king Government!!

Why do you think we get a net inflow of tax dollars? Because we are stupid?

Care to guess who controls your energy resources? Yep...It's dem hillbillies from the South.

Care to guess who controls your food? Yep, its doze hillbillies from the Midwest.

Maybe we'uns will let ya'll still vote for awhile...
                        Why do you list "occupied" south as your location if you feel this way?

Comment

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Okay, #### the constitution, time to restrict voting rights

Originally posted by Geronimo

Why do you list "occupied" south as your location if you feel this way?
                            Haha...Excellent question.

Anybody ever told you the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?
                            "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay, #### the constitution, time to restrict voting rights

Originally posted by PLATO

Haha...Excellent question.

Anybody ever told you the difference between a yankee and a damn yankee?
                              is the first one the kind that eats pie for breakfast?

Comment

Working...
                              X