X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

Lampard was voted 2nd best player in the world for example
    He was voted 2nd best player in the world in some english pub right?
    I need a foot massage

Comment

• If England started playing shorter passes and closer into the attackers Ecuador would be getting thrashed at this point.

England have been poor, Ecuador, god-awful.

Lampard has been a bag of ****e so far, take him off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        but Dave O'Brien is pretty good
        The guy is a baseball announcer and it shows. Constant jabbering about statistics followed by inane statements of the obvious.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Yeah, he's a baseball announcer (probably the best baseball announcer in the country, btw), but has done a bang up job as lead announcer for the WC. Really got up to speed quickly.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Beckham 1 - Ecuador 0
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• I havent changed the channel so the DVR is still recording shall I go back and pick out a couple of minutes of his "bang up job"?
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora
                Lampard was voted 2nd best player in the world for example, but doesnt get a mention from you.
                So was Beckham, twice. Tells you something about how much that's worth
                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Oh wow... he made some mistatements during his 90 minutes of announcing .

Please, the BBC has their own list of howlers made by their own announcers at the WC. When you are up there for 90 mins you are going to make some mistakes.

I'm sure he makes plenty of misstatements while announcing a baseball games as well, yet he's acknowledged as one of, if not the, best baseball announcer.

Comment

• Last win of the tournament for England..

Comment

• Wasn't pretty, but job done for England.

Bring on Portugal
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• England has been, to me, the biggest disappointment of this tournament. I definitely thought they were among the most likely to win the cup, now I can't see this happening.
                        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

• Starting from Beckhams substitution (random selection by me)

O' Brian: "and a big hand for Beckham who has the only goal of the match among his fans his wife the former spice girl Victoria"

10 sec of (blessed) silence

"and so far that has held up England on top by one"

"and Lennon coming on and indeed he was impressive he gave them terrific life"

"Carragher"

"also a second half substitute for Sven gore-an Ericson" (thats how he says it)

"Reasco wasting precious seconds here off to Espinosa"

"heres Lennon who right away gets the crowd excited"

"Gerrard looking for Lampart Hurtado will spoil it" (Gerrards crappy pass goes right to Hurtado's feet)

and on and on ad nauseum in a monotone with no punctuation

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                            and on and on ad nauseum in a monotone with no punctuation
                            Perfick voice. It sounds just like how England were playing.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dauphin

Perfick voice. It sounds just like how England were playing.

Comment

• last 8.....

Comment

Working...
                                X