X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiiinaaaale!

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
      Yes thats the only reason. I picked Sweden to upset Germany but failed to take into account the effects of a corrupt ref
      With equal men, the Germans had two goals, Sweden barely any good shots.

If the Swedes coulnd't even put in a penalty kick, how the hell were they going to win?

Again, Issacson is the only reason that game wasn't 5-0.

And we are talking about the same sweden who could not capitalize on a one man advantage against freaking Trinidad!
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
        As for the Argentina- Mexico game, I was surprised by how well Mexico played. I was expecting an Argentine cakewalk.

Please. Argentina is a better team than Mexico. Mexico has a good show, but the better team won.
        Anyone who knows the rivaly and ability of BOTH these teams would know it wouldnt be a cakewalk for either.

I take it you didnt watch the game, Mexico were flooding forward for most of the first half, they were taking the game to Argentina and Argentina didnt like it.

In the second half (when they shouldve been down to 10) Argentina changed and slowed the game down, intelligent move by them, but they by no means outplayed Mexico.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
        CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
        One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

• Are you saying that Sweden had a chance to come back against Germany, in Germany, down two goals, and with ten men?

With 11 men it was nearly hopeless. With 10 it was hopeless ie the ref's bad decision ended the game.

As for my previous comment, perhaps the various germans who seem to be upset over it didnt notice the smiley. Too busy celebrating I guess.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

Anyone who knows the rivaly and ability of BOTH these teams would know it wouldnt be a cakewalk for either.

I take it you didnt watch the game, Mexico were flooding forward for most of the first half, they were taking the game to Argentina and Argentina didnt like it.
            Actually, I watched all 120 minutes of it.

Yes, Mexico was flooding the front in the first 20 minutes, but by the last 10 minutes of the first half, they had slowed down significantly.

In the second half (when they shouldve been down to 10) Argentina changed and slowed the game down, intelligent move by them, but they by no means outplayed Mexico.
            And what act in particular did the Argentines deserve a red card for exactly? because I have no freaking idea where you think a red card should have come from. Heck, Chilavert and the fine people at Univision (Mexican company, IIRC) couldn't find any such play. So dare inform us where a red card would have come from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              Is anyone taking him serious anymore? I tried it, but it is a hopeless case.
              Of course not, who would've thought there'd be more delusional people than English football fans...
              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Anyway, Germany will be champion, who's gonna mess with THAT.

Comment

• Stop trolling Ecthy. Ghana FTW!

Comment

And what act in particular did the Argentines deserve a red card for exactly? because I have no freaking idea where you think a red card should have come from. Heck, Chilavert and the fine people at Univision (Mexican company, IIRC) couldn't find any such play. So dare inform us where a red card would have come from.

How about the Mexican with the round thing at his feet running clear on goal and being brought down?
                    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maquiladora

How about the Mexican with the round thing at his feet running clear on goal and being brought down?

Boo Hoo, I agree with the ref and the announcers that it wasn't a penalty.

Stop being a sore loser. Though if blaming the refs helps you cope, whatever.

Comment

With equal men, the Germans had two goals, Sweden barely any good shots.
                        Sweden came back from 1-0 down then 2-1 down against England. That wasnt done with brilliant play from the field but from brilliant set pieces. Sweden generate their goals from counter-strikes so they dont tend to have lots of shots on goal but have a fairly high success rate on the shots they take. With only 10 men that was much less likely.

If the Swedes coulnd't even put in a penalty kick, how the hell were they going to win?
                        Lots of teams miss PK's.

Again, Issacson is the only reason that game wasn't 5-0.
                        Yes he played very well.

And we are talking about the same sweden who could not capitalize on a one man advantage against freaking Trinidad!
                        Are we talking about Germany who didnt score against Sweden down to 10 men for 3/4 of the game?
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Boo Hoo, I agree with the ref and the announcers that it wasn't a penalty.

Stop being a sore loser. Though if blaming the refs helps you cope, whatever.
                          Do you think Chilavert is Mexican too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

Of course not, who would've thought there'd be more delusional people than Dutch football fans...
                            Fixed

Comment

• Are we talking about Germany who didnt score against Sweden down to 10 men for 3/4 of the game?

But when Sweden has corner kicks we dont defend with girls like Beckham. So it was very unlikely they would even score with 11 men.
                              "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

• Such hostility in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X