This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeH
    And John Terry and I believe Ashley Cole and Sol Campbell played in the final.

Also, Reds forgot Andy Cole who did play almost every game for ManU including that final, and Paul Scholes who missed the final but played most games and got a medal.
    I'm somewhat on the fence of many other things being said in your discussion, but you're trying to tell us Andy Cole is (was) a good player, are you?

And yes, the England squad is completely unbalanced.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

• I think it's great the Spanish commentators are that excited.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• I didn't forget Scholes.....:O)

Comment

• Did anyone mention Paul Scholes?
          Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
          Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
          We've got both kinds

Comment

• Group G is pretty simple really

France is out with a loss or a draw
            France is in with a 2 goal win regardless of the SK-Swiss result
            France is in with a one goal win if the SK-Swiss game has a winner OR if the SK-Swiss game is a draw and France outscore SK by 3

The Swiss advance with a win or draw
            SK advances with a win and are out with a loss (if France wins). If they draw they advance ONLY if France draws, loses or wins by a single goal in circumstances where they outscore Korea by less than 2 in their respective games

** In the event that SK-Swiss is a draw AND France wins by exactly one AND they outcore Korea by exactly 2 ( ie 2-1 and 0-0 ) I don't know what happens. Does it really go to drawing lots? I have always hated that whole idea and in circumstances whhere the teams are all in the same city/area I always wondered why they couldn't schedule some actual contest between the two teams. In my view even a penalty kick contest would be better than a coin flip
            Last edited by Flubber; June 23, 2006, 13:12.
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Is it just me or are groups G and H incredibly boring?
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• I like these commentators:

"HERE COME THE SONS OF THE DESERT!!!!"

ACK!

Comment

• its just you. Group G has been the most interesting up to now. We will see how it does tonite.
                  "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• The commentator just said "and here comes the sons of the desert" as the Saudis counter-attacked.
                    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Damn, you're slow Spence.

ACK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
                        its just you. Group G has been the most interesting up to now.
                        There's an example of the world famous Swiss sense of humour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                          Damn, you're slow Spence.

ACK!
                          Yeah, its old age.

Comment

• No excuse, I'm probably close to the same age if not older.

ACK!

Comment

• Predictions for tomorrow.

Sweden 2 Germany 2

Sweden win PK's 5-4

Argentina 3 Mexico 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                                No excuse, I'm probably close to the same age if not older.

ACK!
                                I'm ten years older according to your birthdate at poly.

Comment

Working...
                                X