Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In group F I am going to assume Brazil for 1st so Ghana gets Brazil while Italy gets the winner of Australia-Croatia ( the aussies if a draw)

Although it is possible that an Aussi win and a Brazillian loss by enough goals could see Brazil fall to second and set up Brazil-Italy next round
    Last edited by Flubber; June 22, 2006, 12:06.
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• D'oh.
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

• Bruce Arena will be gone, The German coach will take his place.

ACK!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Well its definitely disappointing. But just think. If McBride's header had gone in, and if Ghana hadn't gotten that shameful penalty kick, then the US would advance.
          Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

• Originally posted by OzzyKP
            Well its definitely disappointing. But just think. If McBride's header had gone in, and if Ghana hadn't gotten that shameful penalty kick, then the US would advance.
            yes -No newsflash there-- If they had won -- They WOULD have advanced
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• Comment

• I couldn't watch the game. Can a non-American (just trying to eliminate bias) give their opinion of the penalty? Deserved? No?

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

• No penalty. I think everyone can agree on that.

But the Americans blaming everything that went wrong these past matches on bad refereeing are horribly wrong: if you score only 2 goals in 3 matches you just ain't good enough, no amount of bad refereeing can change that...
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• Originally posted by Locutus

That's a pretty fair estimate but I wouldn't count out Brazil and Italy just yet. Brazil plays as well as it needs to and no better, and Italy is a real tournament team, they manage to win when it matters, no matter how poor they game is.
                    I named those 5 only if Brazil doesnt shape up, in witch case there is only 1 favourite

Italy will probaly make 1/4 or 1/2 but I dont see them going all the way this tournament.

Comment

• The penalty wasn't a penalty, but the US didn't bring its game today. I don't think we could say that the US earned its way through.

That said, I think the refs made too much of an impact on this and the Italy game.
                      Last edited by DanS; June 22, 2006, 12:36.
                      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

No penalty. I think everyone can agree on that.

But the Americans blaming everything that went wrong these past matches on bad refereeing are horribly wrong: if you score only 2 goals in 3 matches you just ain't good enough, no amount of bad refereeing can change that...
                        Helll, they only scored 1 goal by themselves. Italy did everything they possibly could to get the US into the second round.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

No penalty. I think everyone can agree on that.

Italy scored 2 goals in group play in 1982 then went on to win the best WC I've seen.

I think the USA team's performance was borderline (to advance to the knockout round) but that the bad refereeing didnt help.

I think that the americans need to develop their own style. They keep trying to play like a european team when they are better suited to play like the africans (fast counterstrikes and powerful shots from distance) but with more defensive discipline. Despite what Bruce Arena has done, I think its time for a new coach.
                          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tuberski
                            Bruce Arena will be gone, The German coach will take his place.

ACK!
                            Not as far to travel.

Comment

• Croatia scores in minute 2

Comment

• I wanted to see this Brazil game but I'm stuck at work. So far Brazil is showing ball possession of only 50% but hey have been shooting with shots at 5-1 for Brazil. If anyone is watching , are the Brazillians carrying the bulk of the play ?

Comment

Working...
                                X