• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Own goal.

Comment

Oooh, so it not 7, its 8

Wow...I mean,

What is the graduating class, about 400?
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by GePap

Oooh, so it not 7, its 8

Wow...I mean,
        I think you missed the point. I didn't even notice that you'd gotten the count wrong...

What is the graduating class, about 400?
        About that.

Comment

TJHSST, no?

Comment

Yes.

Comment

What is the admissions criteria? And the catchment area?

Comment

GPA + admissions test for 1st cut (~800 students, at least when I got in), teacher recommendations, activities, the essay on the test, and the previous criteria for 2nd cut.

TJ selects from Fairfax county and several of the bordering counties. Fairfax county is one of the largest school districts in the nation (it has a $2 billion budget).

Comment

Pretty ritzy catchement area.

Comment

Yeah, nothing similiar existed arround the area I went to highschool at. I think there might be something similiar in Portland.

JM
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Bah, this is the real TJ (where both my sisters went...)

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                        Also, their students seem to think themselves better then students at schools of similiar (and at times even better) reputations do.
                        Wow, that never happens at any other school.
                        "The French caused the war [Persian Gulf war, 1991]" - Ned
                        "you people who bash Bush have no appreciation for one of the great presidents in our history." - Ned
                        "I wish I had gay sex in the boy scouts" - Dissident

Comment

Well, my TJ is better than your TJ

Comment

Did your TJ have a graduating class of 17 (the biggest in the school's history!)?

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I'm bragging about how my school rocks
                              The whole problem is that you seem to be a living counterexample to your claims of school excellence.

And although someone went to Edinburgh, not one went to Oxford or Cambridge.

I hate to break it to you, but for undergraduate studies you will get pretty much the same education if you go to any half decent college (unless you go to Oxbridge).

Of course, you'll get a degree with name recognition if you go somewhere famous, but it's all rather silly in the end.
                              Last edited by Agathon; June 19, 2006, 02:22.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

and then theres the school of hard knocks where i recieved my phd
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X