No announcement yet.

Where seniors at my high school are going

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kuci's list is pretty impressive. Ours is usually pretty diverse also, but with Vandy usually taking the most.

Comment

Why is a list of 'where other peopel are going' impressive? I never get this one? As if this guarantees anything to anyone?

I'm glad Kuci is getting into a good school though, don't get me wrong. I'm KNOW I boast about everything, even the style I pee with. But do I boast about stuff other people, let alone people I don't know will do in a year or two? No, because it's retarded! People like you Kuci, and listen to my carefully because it will get more difficult soon... people like you will be raped in the ear.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
        Kuci's list is pretty impressive. Ours is usually pretty diverse also, but with Vandy usually taking the most.
        Vanderbilt has a long tradition of high academics, cultural diversity, and producing some of the biggest ****ers to ever graduate from the American university education system.
        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

That was a good list, rather better than the list for the people I went to high school with. I lost track of nearly all of them many years ago but so far as I know this is what happened to them;

- 2 locked up in jail for murder
          - 1 locked up for firebombing a petrol station
          - 3 long term unemployed
          - 1 left the state in a hurry, police & drug dealers after him. (I think he got brain damage from hard drugs)
          - 1 commited to the loony bin
          - 1 drank herself to death
          - 2 have permanent jobs
          - 1 has erratic employment
          - 1 is rumoured to have gone to university
          - 1 learnt a trade

I have no idea what happened to all the others. I don't really want to know.

Comment

This seems like a strange way to brag.

Who cares where the seniors are going?

The more important question is where you are going.

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
              This seems like a strange way to brag.

Who cares where the seniors are going?

The more important question is where you are going.
              Q. Who cares where the seniors are going?
              A. potential employers.

It helps if you went to a good school (ie a school with lots of successful former pupils). It looks good on the CV.

OTH If you went to a school with a seriously bad name you leave the school name off your CV.

Comment

4 years after my highschool graduation, only one other person who graduated with my from highschool was graduating from college

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

That's really kinda sad.

Of course, I took 6.5 years before I had a degree. But that was because school kept interfering with my education...
                  Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                  RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                    Why is a list of 'where other peopel are going' impressive? I never get this one? As if this guarantees anything to anyone?
                    I'm bragging about how my school rocks

Comment

His school is pretty good, but it's filled with the dorky kids who would get beaten up in regular schools - FACT!
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Originally posted by peterfharris
                        That was a good list, rather better than the list for the people I went to high school with. I lost track of nearly all of them many years ago but so far as I know this is what happened to them;

- 2 locked up in jail for murder
                        - 1 locked up for firebombing a petrol station
                        - 3 long term unemployed
                        - 1 left the state in a hurry, police & drug dealers after him. (I think he got brain damage from hard drugs)
                        - 1 commited to the loony bin
                        - 1 drank herself to death
                        - 2 have permanent jobs
                        - 1 has erratic employment
                        - 1 is rumoured to have gone to university
                        - 1 learnt a trade

I have no idea what happened to all the others. I don't really want to know.
                        Typical Aussies.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

One of my classmates (she was actually smart, and cheated off me for a while in Middle School) became one of the major drug suppliers to the Wilamette Valley (Salem et all) before going to jail for it...

I knew a lot of girls who were prostitutes or strippers.. (well, this was true even before highschool ended, I knew some before highschool started)

a lot of the guys I know of were drug addicts etc, and would barely work enough to support their habits..

JonM iller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN
                          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Alphabetical order (okay, and only alphabetical order) dictates that my beloved Brown come before Yale on your list. Fix it now!

Oh, and congrats on CMU. My wife got her PhD there; it's a pressure-cooker, but the profs are good and Pittsburgh's a great place.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

CMU is a weird school. It is assuredly very good, but in many areas (I don't know about Computer Science) things are made tougher then they need to be.

What I mean by this is that there are many schools which are better then them (At least in physics) but that are easier on their students then them (CMU). Also, their students seem to think themselves better then students at schools of similiar (and at times even better) reputations do. (I am not saying that they think themselves bettter then someone who goes to one of these other, highly reputable schools, it is just that they think more of themselves, in my experience)

Jon Miller
                              (and reputations are a good consideration, because they do reflect how successful the students of those places are in general)

(CMU is the one graduate school that I heard many people suggest against (at least for Physics) when I was looking into applying to graduate schools, it was said that they made things as hard (or harder) than Berkeley, MIT, CalTech, or Harvard, but that it wasn't near as good of a school)
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I'm bragging about how my school rocks
                                Pffft....

Only 7 to Harvard? What is your school made out of, dumbasses?

If you don't like reality, change it! me
                                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Working...
                                X