Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... Kingston with 2 amazing saves to end the match!

And GHANA WINS!!!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I'm starting to get it.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Ghana!

The game Ghana - USA ought to be wonderful to watch.

Comment

• The parrots said "nobody gave Ghana a chance"

I guess they didnt ask anyone who's watched the africans at the world cups since Cameroon proved that they could defend as well as attack.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Uh.. Spencer. No one DID give Ghana a chance, except for a few Ghanians. That was a true statement. Everyone expected Italy and the Czechs with the US being the spoiler.
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Ghana played very good and should have won with an even bigger difference. It was very fun to watch.

Comment

• Man, what an awesome game. If only Ghana played more clever they could have beaten the Czechs 6 or 7-0.

Go Africa!
                Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                And notifying the next of kin
                Once again...

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  Uh.. Spencer. No one DID give Ghana a chance, except for a few Ghanians. That was a true statement. Everyone expected Italy and the Czechs with the US being the spoiler.
                  Uh.. no one asked me (and I cant believe I'm the only person who felt this way). Anyone who writes off any of the African teams (not north-africa teams btw) in the group play is an idiot who doesnt know their WC history.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

• Originally posted by SpencerH
                    Uh.. no one asked me (and I cant believe I'm the only person who felt this way). Anyone who writes off any of the African teams (not north-africa teams btw) in the group play is an idiot who doesnt know their WC history.
                    When the group is seen to be that hard prior to the competition, how are they an idiot? I'm sure no one gave the Ivory Coast a chance to go on and they won't... not because they weren't good, but because freaking Argentina and Netherlands are in their group!

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

When the group is seen to be that hard prior to the competition, how are they an idiot? I'm sure no one gave the Ivory Coast a chance to go on and they won't... not because they weren't good, but because freaking Argentina and Netherlands are in their group!
                      Very simple. One might have picked the Czechs as a favorite in this game (or the Dutch and Argentina v Ivory Coast) but the comment was "no chance". Thats stupid. Maybe you didnt watch Cameroon or Nigeria when they scared the crap outa the 'big teams', but I did. It's mostly racism that keeps the african teams from being respected as they should be.

Comment

Very simple. You might have picked the Czechs as a favorite in this game but the comment was "no chance". Thats stupid. Maybe you didnt watch Cameroon or Nigeria when they scared the crap outa the 'big teams', but I did. It's mostly racism that keeps the african teams from being respected as they should be.
                        Yeah, no chance means they won't go to the next round. But you can continue to read something else into it that doesn't exist if it makes you feel better.

One could easily have said that hardly any one gave Ecuador a chance, but 'scaring the big teams' has nothing to do with anything.

And now you play the racism card . Jesus Christ...
                        Last edited by Imran Siddiqui; June 17, 2006, 14:25.

Comment

• The U.S. is going to finish the tournament without a point.
                          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

• I'm a bit disappointed at the czechs. Sure, the eary goal must have come as a shock but the ghanians played well by putting heavy pressure on the man with the ball and so forth, never giving the czechs a chance to build up the pressure with runs from the midfield. But really, they can't blame everything on the loss of Koller. The defence was quite uncertain. Peter Cech did an excellent performance, but a goalie can't score goals (Chilavert has retired you know).

Comment

Why did that Ghanian player wave an Israeli flag (and it was Israeli, I looked twice more) during his celebration?
                              He plays for Hapoel Tel Aviv.
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• 15 min USA lookin damn good.

Comment

Working...
                                X