Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That third goal was an OG. If you follow the ball, it nicks the post and rolls along but very slightly away from the goal line. Then the defender taps it in.

Comment

Ok, I won´t post until the next gol, deal?

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      That third goal was an OG. If you follow the ball, it nicks the post and rolls along but very slightly away from the goal line. Then the defender taps it in.
      Er... what´s an OG?
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

OG = Own Goal

Comment

100-0!!!!
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
            OG = Own Goal

Alva
            The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Comment

Obviously they're a good side but I'm still waiting to see more from Argentina. Aside from the 2 goals (from 2 shots) the play has been fairly even. Although the 2nd goal showed some skilled play, both of their goals have come from the failure of the defense to cover the open man ie a breakdown in defense coordination. Something that is not unexpected in a team with as much political turmoil as SMT.

I doubt that Argentina would look as good against more organized defensive teams such as Paraguay or T&T. We'll have a better idea when they play the Dutch.

For me, the team that has looked the best to date is Spain who seem to be playing as a team instead of their usual state. Whether they will hold together as a team or self-destruct is another matter though.

BTW the american parrots seem to be having multiple orgasms over Argentina's play.
              Last edited by SpencerH; June 16, 2006, 10:17.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I'm watching a slight delay so I havent seen the third goal yet.

Just saw it. 5 Defenders running around like chickens with their heads up their arses agianst 2 attackers. No one covers the third man in.
                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                  Obviously they're a good side but I'm still waiting to see more from Argentina. Aside from the 2 goals (from 2 shots) the play has been fairly even. Although the 2nd goal showed some skilled play, both of their goals have come from the failure of the defense to cover the open man ie a breakdown in defense coordination. Something that is not unexpected in a team with as much political turmoil as SMT.
                  S&M only conceded one goal in qualifying and topped the group that Spain were in. They haven't been playing badly or even defending badly, Argentina have been exceptionally good. Some really brilliant moves.

It's not some naive defensive team, Argentina are thrashing a very good, well organised side with a great defence. Holland only scored 1 against them
                  Last edited by MikeH; June 16, 2006, 10:27.
                  Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                  Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                  We've got both kinds

Comment

Originally posted by MikeH

It's not some naive defensive team, Argentina are thrashing a very good, well organised side with a great defence.
                    I'd say that that is what we expected from any team from that part of the world (ie Balkans) but I havent seen it. How do 2 defenders run straight in against 5 defenders (1st and 3rd goals)? Where is the hard tackling that so typified those teams.

Comment

Commentator Mick McCarthy : "The slidin' tackle is an Art Form - there's nowt wrong wi' it if you get t'ball".

* Kezman slides in and gets the ball, and gets sent off for it.

McCarthy : "Ay, 'e 'ad to go for that"

Comment

5 - 0

Comment

6-0

Damn, Argentina is looking like the team to beat in this World Cup...
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                            5 - 0
                            Yeah, Argentina looking by far the best team of the tourney so far and alot of those players are young enough they'll be a force for some time to come.

About time one of the big teams made their mark.

WOW just gone 6 nil!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              Obviously they're a good side but I'm still waiting to see more from Argentina.
                              Seen enough yet?
                              Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

6 - 0

Comment

Working...
                                X