Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking: Ben Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident... no helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlowwHand
    Bikes, cars, helicopters, airplanes, skateboards are not the problem. People are the problem, and no, not one's who choose an alternate mode of transportation solely. Stupid people.

I get sick of arrogant people who don't pay attention and blame "the other person".
    I'm certainly not an arrogant driver by any means, but in the ~30 hours I've been at the wheel (in my entire life), I nearly had an accident with two motorcycles. Yes, it's because I utterly suck at driving. Yes, I don't yet have all the good reflexes to drive safely (not having the driving licence will do that to you).

But if these motorists had met my car, they'd bevery probably wounded, because they'd have probably fell. If it had been an accident with another car, it would have resulted only in some material damage.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I didn't blame anyone. I'm simply observing it is stupid to ride a motorcycle.

I really don't care who is at fault. There are plenty of bad drives of cars on the road, and that's a fact of life. Which is precisely why I think it's stupid to drive a motorcycle, you're putting your life into their hands. Their stupid mistake has a high chance of killing you.
      it's more environmentally friendly to ride a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

Bikes, cars, helicopters, airplanes, skateboards are not the problem. People are the problem, and no, not one's who choose an alternate mode of transportation solely. Stupid people.
        I agree. We should ban stupid people.

HAVEN'T I BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS?

When will people listen to me?

SlowwHand, over and out.
        Roger that... ten four.

Are you posting from a walkee talkee?

btw, what's a "niner"? I've always wondered this.

Oh... one last thing. I don't like laws the force people to do things, as long as they aren't hurting anyone else (and sorry che, I don't buy your whole "IT TURNS PEOPLE INTO MISSILES" argument)... like seat belts, helmets, etc... but I happen to agree with something I heard on sports radio. You shouldn't have to wear a helmet when you ride a motorcycle as long as you are an organ donor.

That's fine with me.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Everyone can ride their bikes anyway they want.

We need the organs, real bad.

--signed, your friendly neighborhood pediatrician
          "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
          "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

We need organs for those who have blown theirs on drugs..

JM
            Jon Miller-
            I AM.CANADIAN
            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

and alcohol...

Comment

Originally posted by Guynemer
                Everyone can ride their bikes anyway they want.

We need the organs, real bad.

--signed, your friendly neighborhood pediatrician

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
                  and alcohol...
                  Included in drugs...

And I know pediatrician.. but who do you think would get them if there wasn't such a great demand for them for drug abusers?

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm left wondering how exactly you think organ donation and allocation works...

Comment

• Unfortunately, many riders are disqualified from organ donation due to use of prohibited substances.

Originally posted by yin26
                      My thanks to you, good man. And good eyes, if you recognized The New Haven Green.

No, I've only visited CT once, 30+ years ago. Your location was mentioned somewhere in Yin Eats Cardboard thread. Though I recovered from the Civ3 depression I never bought it. Nor can I warm to trade-less Civ4, despite such humble acknowledgement that it exceeded your lowered expectations.

Anyway, when I was in HS I rode a bike all over, but the town was uniquely suited to it. Then in college I discovered that ten thousand drivers between the ages of 18 and 22 did not make for a safe environment. I narrowly avoided two stupid accidents, once by seeming prescience because I thought that kid isn't even going to look before he pulls out of the parking lot and was already braking hard before he moved.

After that I quit riding the bike. I look at how people drive around here and I just can't see getting a motorcycle. I could see riding on the Blue Ridge Parkway, or some other limited access, lower speed area.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                        Unfortunately, many riders are disqualified from organ donation due to use of prohibited substances.
                        Wouldn't this only really apply to older riders? Perhaps the Harley types? What about the younger generation... the crotch-rocket riders? I doubt they would use prohibited substances enough to disqualify them from organ donation.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Another example of arrogant assumptions.

I can see Asher and KH in court, having run down a biker.

Asher: They're stupid. If they weren't so stupid, they wouldn't have been there in the first place.

KH: YEAH, Bikers are 34% more likely to be run down by a car. Anyone that doesn't know and believe that it's all the biker's fault is a silly little man.

Judge: I appreciate your comedy act. IF that's your closing, Guilty. 25 years. Adios.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand

Judge: Adios.
                            since when do we let mexicans be judges?

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• No, no. They have to understand.
                              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand
                                Another example of arrogant assumptions.

I can see Asher and KH in court, having run down a biker.

Asher: They're stupid. If they weren't so stupid, they wouldn't have been there in the first place.

KH: YEAH, Bikers are 34% more likely to be run down by a car. Anyone that doesn't know and believe that it's all the biker's fault is a silly little man.

Judge: I appreciate your comedy act. IF that's your closing, Guilty. 25 years. Adios.
                                Don't be such a ****.

You've done nothing but ***** and moan with strawmen this whole thread -- what is wrong with you?

Neither KH nor I said we should ban motorcycling (I've no idea where your "personal freedoms" comments come from).
                                Neither KH nor I said we'd run down a biker or want to or even use their stupidity as an excuse.

The simple fact is, it's a stupid activity. I think the people who do it need a headcheck, but it's their right to do it.

It's the same deal with smoking or cutting your balls off or shoving pencils up your ass. I think it's stupid, but if you get your rocks off doing it, more power to you. Doesn't stop it from being stupid.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X