Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking: Ben Roethlisberger in motorcycle accident... no helmet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't tailgate, under any circumstances. But I do get wicked pissed off when somebody's in the fast lane puttering along 5 miles an hour over the speed limit. If you're going the same speed as the guy to your right, please change lanes so that people who are actually driving can get by.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yeah, those people are a menace. I especially love the ones that seem to drive slowly in the fast lane as some kind of vigilante statement. They cause as much danger as anything else on a freeway moving at a serious clip.
      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

I love it when I'm on a 10 hour drive when I get stuck in a rolling roadblock involving 50 cars which was started by two idiots a mile up who decided to drive at exactly the same speed beside each other.

"Look how fast we're going! We're at the head of the pack!"
        12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
        Stadtluft Macht Frei
        Killing it is the new killing it
        Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Yin,

You're in CT? Since when? What are you doing in my little state?

My list of driving pet peeves is long and varied. You might regret getting me started.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Arrian: I moved back to the States (CT) 4 years ago. Given that I was a California kid before the whole 6 years on Korea, I was a bit disappointed to go to yet another place with "4 seasons, YEAH!" We had one season in California, we called it "73 Degrees and Sunny." Well, we also had Fire Season, Earthquake Season, Road Rage Season and City Riot Season...but none of those required shoveling snow or losing (much) motorcycle time!
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

One season
              Earthquakes, Massive Fires, etc.
              Snow
              CT winters when it's not snowing

Anyway, I knew you'd left Korea, but I had no idea you were here in CT. I offer a belated welcome.

The weather this week looks ok for motorcycling, at least. It's been a miserable June otherwise, I'll admit.

Lots of bikers in Middletown (where I live), it seems.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Medical people call them donorcycles...

We had a case in April when a bike club went for a charity fundraiser ride and ten of them got hit by one car. None of the bikes had enough momentum to stop or knock the car off the road so it kept going through the pack. The car spun sideways taking both lanes.

I don't think any escaped serious injury. Georgia does have a helmet law, and as a result at least two are still alive instead of having their brains splattered. A few were able to lay down, jump, or otherwise protect themselves from full impact.

The lead biker was the only fatality on the scene. Given the proximity and quality of hospitals here I doubt any died who survived the initial trauma. I didn't follow up to see how many lost limbs, etc in the long run.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
                  The weather this week looks ok for motorcycling, at least. It's been a miserable June otherwise, I'll admit.
                  I rode the entire season this year, which wasn't too bad. Actually, I had my wife take me in twice when ice/freezing temps got too silly. But it was an easy winter. Ho hum. I have the battery charger setup and ready to go for next season, which I'm sure will be a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
                    Arrian: I moved back to the States (CT) 4 years ago. Given that I was a California kid before the whole 6 years on Korea, I was a bit disappointed to go to yet another place with "4 seasons, YEAH!" We had one season in California, we called it "73 Degrees and Sunny." Well, we also had Fire Season, Earthquake Season, Road Rage Season and City Riot Season...but none of those required shoveling snow or losing (much) motorcycle time!

Heh, I only knew you were in CT from your gallant box-eating incident. You moved during my Apolyton hiatus (post Civ3 depression). Long live The List!
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Down here we only had 3-4 weeks cold enough to call winter weather. Well, as a Pittsburgher I'd call it fall weather, but it passes for winter down here.

Comment

Ben who?
                        I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Last year's superbowl winning quarterback.
                          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Superbowl is a game of American football where women go topless at half-time.
                            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

USA! USA! USA!
                              "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
                                Originally posted by yin26

Heh, I only knew you were in CT from your gallant box-eating incident. You moved during my Apolyton hiatus (post Civ3 depression). Long live The List!
                                My thanks to you, good man. And good eyes, if you recognized The New Haven Green.

Comment

Working...
                                X