Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Palestinian Authority declares war on Israel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one example:
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Here's another:
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Your links establish a policy of firing on civilians 'just to stir things up', how?
        Last edited by notyoueither; June 12, 2006, 01:38.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Are the Yanks there 'just to stir things up' in Afghanistan?
          BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Traianvs

Ehm...

Palestinians had their land taken from them at once, without them having a say into the matter, and after that more and more land was taken, and now with the wall still under construction, Palestinians can expect to lose even more land, and water sources.

Israel is effectively crushing the Palestinian economy. Give them more business opportinities and relations will improve, guaranteed.
            I think the land was taken from Israel in 60 AD, and it took until 1948 for it to be returned. That was 1,888 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
              Iraq is the obvious example to use, the US being an occupation force and all....
              Terrible analogy for reasons too numerous to bother mentioning.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                As you point out, the Christian Sudanese, i.e., the Nubians, were there first. That is their homeland. It's not really comparable to Arab natives fighting against a European colony.
                israel is a European colony eh? suppose this 'colony' were to follow the path of practically all other colonies and declare it's independance. Who would it end up at war against? Colony of whom exactly? The UK? France? EU???

Comment

Interesting; the rubics cube of the world. What a conundrum without a solution.

Who was there first - well both have legit claims as they have both claimed Abraham as their common father. It kinda makes it sibling rivalry doesn`t it? Cousins fighting over the inheritence going back 3500 years. Kind of a long fued to settle with all of our modern 'give peace a chance' mantra.

I laughed when I heard of a former US presidents visit. His big contribution was to say "ya`ll need to forget the past", how clueless when speaking to people who trace their history back to before the Roman Empire. This ain`t the Hatfields and McKoys (an American hillbilly fued lasting over 100 years).

Abraham should not have been so wimpy with Sara and Hagar and settled the thing back then - LOL. Yes indeed, fighting over who got the blessing and the land.

Genesis 16:
                  10. And the angel of the Lord said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude.
                  11. And the angel of the Lord said unto her, Behold, thou art with child and shalt bear a son, and shalt call his name Ishmael; because the Lord hath heard thy affliction.
                  12. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.
                  Genesis 17:
                  18. And Abraham said unto God, O that Ishmael might live before thee!
                  19. And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him.
                  20. And as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve princes shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation.
                  Hmm - looks like they gotta learn to live together, wonder how that can happen? The scripture states clearly they will live in the presence of each other, so far, right on the money. It does say Ishmael will be kinda wild tho and be at odds and fighting with everyone. Think it came true?

The Dome of the Rock - the place where Mohamed ascended to heaven and directly beneath, the ancient Jewish temple. Anyone looking for a vortex? The New Agers might want to check out Jerusalem, holy to three religions, all Abrahamic.

How do you divide up a piece of ground that has on the identical spot the place where the prophet ascended and the Temple of Solomon and Herod? It is really the biggest part of real estate that is the bone of contention. Its the same identical spot - wonder of wonders.

It might just be a picture of the human heart. When will the two brothers embrace as kindred?

The heart of the human problem - is the problem of the human heart.
                  You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
                  We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

Originally posted by beingofone
                    Interesting; the rubics cube of the world. What a conundrum without a solution.

Who was there first - well both have legit claims as they have both claimed Abraham as their common father. It kinda makes it sibling rivalry doesn`t it? Cousins fighting over the inheritence going back 3500 years. Kind of a long fued to settle with all of our modern 'give peace a chance' mantra.

I laughed when I heard of a former US presidents visit. His big contribution was to say "ya`ll need to forget the past", how clueless when speaking to people who trace their history back to before the Roman Empire. This ain`t the Hatfields and McKoys (an American hillbilly fued lasting over 100 years).

Abraham should not have been so wimpy with Sara and Hagar and settled the thing back then - LOL. Yes indeed, fighting over who got the blessing and the land.

Genesis 16:

Genesis 17:

Hmm - looks like they gotta learn to live together, wonder how that can happen? The scripture states clearly they will live in the presence of each other, so far, right on the money. It does say Ishmael will be kinda wild tho and be at odds and fighting with everyone. Think it came true?

The Dome of the Rock - the place where Mohamed ascended to heaven and directly beneath, the ancient Jewish temple. Anyone looking for a vortex? The New Agers might want to check out Jerusalem, holy to three religions, all Abrahamic.

How do you divide up a piece of ground that has on the identical spot the place where the prophet ascended and the Temple of Solomon and Herod? It is really the biggest part of real estate that is the bone of contention. Its the same identical spot - wonder of wonders.

It might just be a picture of the human heart. When will the two brothers embrace as kindred?

The heart of the human problem - is the problem of the human heart.
                    So who are you saying should be wiped out, the Jews or the Muslims?
                    He's got the Midas touch.
                    But he touched it too much!
                    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Originally posted by Geronimo
                      israel is a European colony eh? suppose this 'colony' were to follow the path of practically all other colonies and declare it's independance. Who would it end up at war against? Colony of whom exactly? The UK? France? EU???
                      The US.

Comment

What a ****ing mess.

A pox on both their houses. I've felt sympathy for each side before (1980s & 90s, the Pals, late 90s/early 00s, the Israelis) for various reasons. I have none left.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Let's just nuke everything from the Zagros to Suez flat.
                          Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

The US.

Why isn't english the first language of most israelis?

Why has there never been a substantial fraction of american born citizens among the Israelis?

Why is US citizenship insufficient to gain israeli citizenship?

Why do scarely 15% of israeli imports come from the US?

Why does Israel spy on the US?

Exactly what traits of being a colonizer does the US have in palestine/israel?

In fact what traits of a being colony does israel have at all?

It would seem that "colony" has simply come to mean having a large population descended from immigrants and it doesn't even matter if those immigrants came from all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Last Conformist
                              Let's just nuke everything from the Zagros to Suez flat.
                              I strongly suspect the next nuke to be detonated in anger will explode in israel despite the considerably difficulty in smuggling such a massive device into the country.

Delivering a nuke (or two) in a way calculated to decapitate the entire israeli government would prevent a nuclear response and could be followed up with nuclear warhead missle attacks with impunity.

It's no wonder Israel wants their capitol in Jerusalem. I would think their enemies would be less inclined to nuke that location than say, tel aviv.

Comment

Originally posted by Zevico

Your definition of extremism is incorrect.
                                Israeli "extremists", as you name them, don't advocate killing people indiscriminately in order to further their goals. Their political views may be unrealistic, but they're not inclined towards murder for their cause. And in the Israeli political spectrum, they're not extremists.
                                Of course, there is a minute number of Israelis who one could compare to Palestinian Hamas members. But Hamas members enjoy large levels of popular support in the Palestinian population and cannot be called extremists in any way. They're part of the mainstream. And Israelis comparable to Hamasniks (Kach members and the like) enjoy probably less than 1% support of the Israeli population. They number in the lower thousands. Hamas support numbers in the millions. or the hundreds of thousands. Not a very valid comparison, I think.
                                You should compare ideology and support levels more carefully before making a statement like that. Of course both sides have their extremists, because extremists exist in any political spectrum. The difference is what these extremists are willing to do.
                                How many Israelis support the extremist policy of 'transfer'? A hefty percentage, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                                X